Wiper arm and hood removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rob Goblin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I asked this in my under construction thread, but I don’t think anyone looks at that so I want to ask here. Also, I searched for the wiper arm removal and didn’t see any posts.
1. How do you remove the wiper arms? It looks like there is a little tab, but I can’t get it to release with my fingers, so is there something I should use to release them?

2. What is the best method for removing the hood when removing the front clip? Should I remove the top bolts only and leave the arms attached to the fenders?

Sorry for the noob questions, but I came from the Honda scene. Thanks for the help!

Dmack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Use a small pick to pull the tab out while pulling up on the wiper arm. The arm is spring loaded so it's a PITA, but will eventually come off.

I just unbolted the hinge and spring support from the hood, leaving the hinge in the firewall and the spring support attached to the fender, then pulled the hood and set it aside.

Charlie

Mopar by Birth. Chevy by Choice.
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
Cheyenne 10 LWB
Engine Size
350/TH350/AC/4 BBL Quadrajet
Check out youtube for wiper arm removal too. There are several vids on this.

Rob Goblin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Check out youtube for wiper arm removal too. There are several vids on this.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

There is also a tool for it which makes it really easy to remove the wiper arms.

https://www.amazon.com/Dorman-49023-HELP-Windshield-Wiper/dp/B002H9ABXS
Thanks guys. The last time I watched a YouTube video for help with removal of something it was horrible. It was pretty much remove this, this, and this. Now that you have it out. It showed nothing. I’ll never get that time back. I should have checked, but I didn’t. I didn’t know Dorman made a tool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ssgmike