Windshield Washer Pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kirk T

Reaction score
First Name
Kirk
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
5.0 V-8
I asked this question not long ago but I think I rambled on about other issues and might have confused any help I might have gotten. My '85 K10 has a column mounted multi function switch that operates turn signals, hi/lo beams and wipers and washer pump. Everything works as it should except the washer pump. I have removed the pump and replaced it with a new one and I can put 12v and a ground to it and it works fine.

However, when I plug the wires from the washer switch into the pump and activate the switch, I get nothing. I checked the wiring at the pump and as soon as I turn the ignition switch on (without activating the washer switch), my test light lights up on BOTH wires. The white (which is supposed to be the hot wire) and the pink wire light up. If I splice into the pink wire and ground it the pump comes on without activating the switch.

Do you think the switch in the column is the culprit?

Any help would be appreciated

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tporter79