Windshield Drain Holes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
After pulling my windshield, I found alot of heavy surface rust underneath it. Was odd to me because the whole truck is so clean otherwise. There looks to be a drain hole (?) in each lower corner about the size of a pencil. As I have found with other cars I had, someone in the past replaced the windshield and used a ton of mastic, plugging these holes and making the mess I have.

What I'm wondering (since I dont remember ever seeing a square without the glass)- are these drain holes or rust holes?

I pulled the dash out last night and found quite a bit of surface rust between it and the windshield lip too. Of course no paint under there either - all just thin primer. Looking forward to having this whole thing stripped down and sealed.

You must be registered for see images attach

Termite_Delight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
1976 1975
Truck Model
K2500 K2500
Engine Size
350 L33
Yes, they are drain holes.
You must be registered for see images attach

You can see one in the picture.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
They are drains. If using urethane to set the windshield, can be deleted. Otherwise should keep open path for water to drain down.

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I used to run into this with old Volvos. Could pick up a lifetime GA car - super clean. Pull the windshield and it was a mess. Always full of mastic. The fella that does my windshields is better versed in this than others I have known. He keeps them clean.

Thanks fellas!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Twistedgmt400