Windshield antenna

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kyle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
So I got a windshield given to me from a family member it has the antenna in it ... My truck didt come factory with that antenna and the one on the gender is destroyed.... Is there a kit I can buy to convert it to the windshield antenna . I like the cleaner look

Backfoot100

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Carbed 350
You can get the cable lead-in (36-2125) and windshield lead-in (36-2122) from LMC. Looks like two separate part numbers and should plug right in.

I have the antenna in the windshield w/stock AM/FM receiver and the reception sucks. LMC also sells an amplified hide-away antenna that can be mounted out of sight and would require power but would probably have better reception. I've been contemplating getting one to try but don't know if it'll be any better than stock.

Kyle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
You can get the cable lead-in (36-2125) and windshield lead-in (36-2122) from LMC. Looks like two separate part numbers and should plug right in.

I have the antenna in the windshield w/stock AM/FM receiver and the reception sucks. LMC also sells an amplified hide-away antenna that can be mounted out of sight and would require power but would probably have better reception. I've been contemplating getting one to try but don't know if it'll be any better than stock.
Summit Racing has them for $5.
https://www.summitracing.com/nv/parts/pco-5661pt/overview/

You must be registered for see images attach
Right on thanks

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
This is cool to see as ive always been confused how it connects to the windshield. Now i know.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size

My old man’s only complaint about square bodies was the reception on the integrated antenna. I had completely forgotten about that until you mentioned it. He always said the two piece rear main is always gonna leak no matter what, but that’s okay.

71RAT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kirk
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Scottsdale
Engine Size

I have an amplifier on my windshield antenna, it definitely helps. I belive an external will get much better reception. I stayed with it, one less thing to get ripped off on the trails.

Backfoot100

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Carbed 350
I have an amplifier on my windshield antenna, it definitely helps. I belive an external will get much better reception. I stayed with it, one less thing to get ripped off on the trails.

Agreed. My 88 Sub had an external fender mount and it worked great. No complaints at all.
I may look into an amp. Good call.

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
My windshield antenna picks up pretty decent actually. The type of radio that you have makes a difference as well. The alpine that I have now picks up 99.7 the fox out of Charlotte better than the newer pioneer radio with an external antenna in my Oldsmobile. I also like the clean look of no external antenna.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
I've been running the same antenna booster amp for my windshield antennas on 3 vehicles for over 40 years. Hooked the power up to the ACC +. If I disconnect the power you'll lose the station so it works well.

K5ride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Stepside
Engine Size
On my 75 stepside, I purchased a new windshield with the antenna in it and new adapters / cable. I also had a Kenwood stereo installed with bluetooth / sirius, etc. I haven't experienced any reception issues. I agree that the radio might make a difference.

86 Belgium Sub

Reaction score
First Name
Kurt
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Suburban C20 Silverado
Engine Size
5700cc - 350cu - LT9 - 700R4
This is my 4th square with the antenna integrated in the windshield. I never experienced any trouble receiving the radio stations I wanna listen to. So I can only imagine that radio type/quality and especially geographic location can influence reception...

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Scott91370

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra1500
Engine Size

Forum statistics

Threads