wilwood front brake kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mick d

Reaction score
First Name
reggie
Truck Year
Truck Model
c-10
Engine Size
i need help with my my 1982 c10 i want to go with the wilwood brake set up but for every set it requires drop spindles and i would like to keep it stock height are there any other options i can use to get this set up to work some guys say you don't have to use the drop spindles just use the stock and cut the ear off and the bracket would mount up

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
You could instead buy their stock replacement D52 caliper and pad kit.

https://www.wilwood.com/BrakeKits/BrakeKitsProdFront?itemno=140-11290

Be sure to order the proper kit for your rotor thickness, which is either 1.00" or 1.25".

I can say from experience, their DP-10 pad compound works really well on a street vehicle. And with two pistons, the calipers will apply a more even clamping force to the pads/rotors.

Bennyt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I bought the Wilwood replacement calipers. While we are using a CPP drop spindle, they are designed to replace stock. They look nice, feel solid, and I believe will work well with a slight improvement over stock. They were roughly $300 for the pair without pads. We used a power stop rotor and pad set which was under $200 to finish it off.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BryantRiverRat