White smoke/no hose pressure after radiator and new v belt bracket swap.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K10eddie

Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Hey folks,

So I swapped in a bbc style radiator after my sbc style radiator gave up the ghost. I also swapped from a march performance alt/wp/crank setup to a standard alt/wp/ps/crank v belt setup from summit racing. They had me mount part of the alt bracket onto the intake manifold, so I pulled out the bolt closest to the front of the engine, mounted the engine bracket, put thread sealant on the bolt and put it back in. So what am I missing? Maybe the bolt isn't long enough now?

Pardon my engine bay, I'm still working on and cleaning up stuff.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

K10eddie

Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Please disregard, I figured out my problems. The "smoke" was from me forgetting to shut off my homemade water/meth injection for cleaning out the engine, and I didn't give the engine long enough to burp air from the cooling system (plus it still took me too long to remember that I added quite a bit of volume to the system from the much bigger radiator). Everything is right as rain, and I'm laughing off my noob mistakes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128