Where to buy seal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kenneth1669

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kenneth
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
So I am trying to buy a rear output shaft seal for my 203 transfer case but all the websites I look up are sketchy as hell and I can’t find the seal on AutoZone or Napa. Does anyone have an idea on where I should go and buy it?

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
Any auto parts store should be able to look one up for you, just walk in and tell them what truck you have. If you absolutely MUST do it online for some reason, try rockauto.

WP29P4A

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Classic V1500
Engine Size
350 TBI
I prefer Summit Racing because they have way more product options to choose from, compared to Napa and Autozone.

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
^^^^^^Yeah, but you are right next door to Summit. I'm right next door to NAPA and Autozone delivers so it's kind of a wash. More NAPA and Autozone dealers to get stuff from, also.

WP29P4A

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Classic V1500
Engine Size
350 TBI
@idahovette. I buy from Napa and Autozone when i need it NOW and selection and quality are not a factor in my decision. Like with oil and spray paint. If I'm going to buy something like a starter or a alternator, or power steering pump, I start with Summit, because they have WAY MORE choices to pick from. More price points and brands also. For me the most important aspect of buying parts is high quality, and choices. Distance to the store and lowest price are very low priority.

I have to drive past 4 O'rielly's, 3 Autozones and 3 Napa's to get to Summit Racing on the far side of town. Summit also takes care of good customers. I bought a name brand set of front swaybar end links for the sploder, next time I changed the oil I noticed the swaybar end links were completely gone. Even though the nuts were lock nuts they still came lose and fell off, summit gave me a new set after looking at my purchase history.

Don't know what the heck is up with the Sploder but it keeps trying to eject the end links, still. I have to tighten them a couple time a year to keep them from losening up and falling off, I even glue the lock nuts on and they still get lose eventually.

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
Again, your population base is MUCH greater and your access is also much greater. I am in a small town, Population 5000 and Napa is the only store in town In their defense, I have used them for almost 75% of my shops needs in the past (closed my shop downtown in 2017). The prices have steadily increased, but I understand that. Quality has dipped also but they take care of the problems. I have been using Autozone in Ontario OR. (12 miles away)for about 10 years and always get good service and fair parts. They deliver 2 or 3 times a day. I firmly believe that the people behind the counter, either make or break a business. There are only 3 at my NAPA and 2 are very good, the other is coming around. Autozone has 3 excellent guys and one really smart gal, I always ask for one of them and am very seldom disappointed. Also I like having people I can yell at in person, if I find the need.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Again, your population base is MUCH greater and your access is also much greater. I am in a small town, Population 5000 and Napa is the only store in town In their defense, I have used them for almost 75% of my shops needs in the past (closed my shop downtown in 2017). The prices have steadily increased, but I understand that. Quality has dipped also but they take care of the problems. I have been using Autozone in Ontario OR. (12 miles away)for about 10 years and always get good service and fair parts. They deliver 2 or 3 times a day. I firmly believe that the people behind the counter, either make or break a business. There are only 3 at my NAPA and 2 are very good, the other is coming around. Autozone has 3 excellent guys and one really smart gal, I always ask for one of them and am very seldom disappointed. Also I like having people I can yell at in person, if I find the need.
In the city near the shop I manage. 20 years ago there was a Napa a few blocks away, also one in the next town over, another one to the west and one to the south. Today only the one to the west is still there, this is because the other three were owned by one person who choose to close them down when he retired. The one to the west is terrible. There is one guy there that once worked in one of the closed stores. IF I can get him on the phone I can get good service otherwise forget it. I agree the people behind the counter make or break a parts store, even with some of the local places that we can order online and have them delivered in an hour or so, those people at the other end need to be good or minor issues become a nightmare!

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
@SirRobyn0 The NAPA store here was owned by a couple of guys that bought a old owner out in around 1969 or 70. I worked part time after school for the old guy in1965-66, nice guy. The new guys came in and really sold themselves to the community and were really good guys, but after about 15 years in they had words and split the partnership and one stayed, the other bought an NAPA store in Payette ID about 10 miles away. Don grew his holdings to include 4 or 5 more NAPA stores around this little valley. He ended up selling all of them to a TwinFalls ID fellow in 2007? Our guy in Weiser just kept this one store, got sick and ended up selling out to the same conglomerate, from TwinFalls. Naturally, prices went up, service went down and it was a $h!t show for a couple of years. Finally a new manager came in a year or so ago and tuned things around. The only reason I kept going to them was the counter people, they made it bearable and kept things together. New ain't necessarily better!!!!!!

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
@idahovette. I buy from Napa and Autozone when i need it NOW and selection and quality are not a factor in my decision. Like with oil and spray paint. If I'm going to buy something like a starter or a alternator, or power steering pump, I start with Summit, because they have WAY MORE choices to pick from. More price points and brands also. For me the most important aspect of buying parts is high quality, and choices. Distance to the store and lowest price are very low priority.

I have to drive past 4 O'rielly's, 3 Autozones and 3 Napa's to get to Summit Racing on the far side of town. Summit also takes care of good customers. I bought a name brand set of front swaybar end links for the sploder, next time I changed the oil I noticed the swaybar end links were completely gone. Even though the nuts were lock nuts they still came lose and fell off, summit gave me a new set after looking at my purchase history.

Don't know what the heck is up with the Sploder but it keeps trying to eject the end links, still. I have to tighten them a couple time a year to keep them from losening up and falling off, I even glue the lock nuts on and they still get lose eventually.
Idk man, but I’d hot glue (tack weld) those nuts in place!

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350

what year explorer? are you tightening them with a loaded suspension on both sides so they dont load one side more than other

WP29P4A

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Classic V1500
Engine Size
350 TBI
what year explorer? are you tightening them with a loaded suspension on both sides so they dont load one side more than other
It's an 04. I had it sitting on the wheels when I replaced the end links, sitting level in the garage. The thing that puzzled me the most was every piece was missing from both sides. The end links are just 10" long bolts with washers, metal sleeve, rubber/urethane isolators and the lock nut. They drop in from the top, thru the sway bar, then down into the lower control arm. I can understand how if the nuts came loose, all the lower parts would fall off over bumps. What I don't get is how the bolts "jumped" 10" up to get out of the sway bar.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
It's an 04. I had it sitting on the wheels when I replaced the end links, sitting level in the garage. The thing that puzzled me the most was every piece was missing from both sides. The end links are just 10" long bolts with washers, metal sleeve, rubber/urethane isolators and the lock nut. They drop in from the top, thru the sway bar, then down into the lower control arm. I can understand how if the nuts came loose, all the lower parts would fall off over bumps. What I don't get is how the bolts "jumped" 10" up to get out of the sway bar.
maybe they broke under sway and then kinda "ejected"
I know the original sway bar end links for my park avenue stayed put (plastic sleeved metal bolts junk POS) and I never noticed the ride difference because the rear and the car didnt sway badly since the rear bar was present.

WP29P4A

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Classic V1500
Engine Size
350 TBI
Idk man, but I’d hot glue (tack weld) those nuts in place!
Well duh, I hit the bolts with silicone after I put the nuts on and it didn't help. I have a wire welder, I don't know why I didn't just tack it. That's a great idea, there not nylocks so tack welding them is perfect. Got to change the oil soon and will check the links again when I do. Thanks for the idea.