Where does this set of wires go?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DanMcG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
1978 1985
Truck Model
k10 k10
Engine Size
400 350
You must be registered for see images attach

I'm trying to help someone figure out what these wires do on his 84 half ton. He only has one side of the connector which looks to be coming out of the main harness between the motor and firewall.
on my 85 k10 I have the same connector as shown in the pic which goes thru the firewall ( to the left of my fingers) but once inside I can't find it. it should be just above the heater box but the mice got it packed in tight with insulation and I can't trace it. where does it go? maybe to the ECM or is it ESC?

It looks like purple, green, gray and black wires.
I've looked the wiring diagrams with no luck.
thanks.

Last edited:

Swearbody

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
355 sbc
OOOH the dreaded esc. It is a part of the distributor. I have a video on how to delete if you want to see it. You want to remove it asap.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

THere is a hand written diagram around 5:50 in the video. It is probably the most helpful part of the video for understanding the actual plug itself

Last edited:

DanMcG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
1978 1985
Truck Model
k10 k10
Engine Size
400 350
Haha Jeff, I just finished reading the post and watching your video, Thank you Sir!

fast68chevy

I am the original fast68chevy
Reaction score
First Name
RANDY
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
best way to go if it doesnnnt have vacuum advance is to swap a vac advance HEI ditrib in place of it.. but you can keep it and jump the one and three location wires goether to bypass/stop the retard timing function and it would be good to good then.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rossivey