Wheel squeaking.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eskimomann209

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
While rolling... my truck squeaks. It’s low and long...
It does seem speed related. I pulled the rotor... greased it and it went away for a while. Now it’s back. It squeaks more frequently while turning. Again I’m pretty sure it’s the bearing...
They’re not that old. Maybe a year or so...
One is SKF but I think the inner is Duralast. Should I just swap them out and try again? Or should I consider the possibility of another issue?

I haven’t replaced the ball joints or any other front end component because I plan on swapping for a coil over setup. What are the thoughts?
73 c10 RCSB

Dave M

Banned
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
It's not just a brake squeal, louder because of a slight play/ side load when you turn.?

eskimomann209

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
It's not just a brake squeal, louder because of a slight play/ side load when you turn.?
I went ahead and put new bearings/races in and had the rotor turned.
Haven’t had much chance to try again. Last time I repacked them it took a week for it to make the sound again. Hopefully I pinned it down.
When I turn it’s almost guaranteed it’ll make the sound. But it will also do it if I’m driving slow in a strait line.
It has new pads and hardware... and it’s all greased in the correct friction points.

When I pulled the rotor off this last time the outer bearing was little wedged in the rotor. Hopefully that was my issue...
But if it makes it again I’ll begin to blame the calipers. They’re old.. so are the brake lines. I’ll swap them out same as the calipers if it happens again.

Dave M

Banned
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I went ahead and put new bearings/races in and had the rotor turned.
Haven’t had much chance to try again. Last time I repacked them it took a week for it to make the sound again. Hopefully I pinned it down.
When I turn it’s almost guaranteed it’ll make the sound. But it will also do it if I’m driving slow in a strait line.
It has new pads and hardware... and it’s all greased in the correct friction points.

When I pulled the rotor off this last time the outer bearing was little wedged in the rotor. Hopefully that was my issue...
But if it makes it again I’ll begin to blame the calipers. They’re old.. so are the brake lines. I’ll swap them out same as the calipers if it happens again.
Hope you nailed, nothing worse than ongoing issues. Good luck with tour project.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cheify