Wheel lip rubbing on UCA’s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Taylorb27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I posted this to the wheel and tire section but it’s probably better suited for this section.

looking at ways around this, I know I could run a spacer but the front fitment is just how I want it. Will be lowering soon. First question, would cut coils drop the UCA inside the wheel? Will be cutting at least a coil, more than likely 2 and doing an axle flip in the back. This is just a town cruiser so I’m not concerned much with ride quality, I’ll leave that to my other projects.
I’m sure a drop spindle would do it too but cutting is cheaper lol

Any feed back is sure appreciated

You must be registered for see images attach

GXPWeasel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
1982 | 2015
Truck Model
Sierra C15 | Silverado Z71
Engine Size
5.0 | 5.3
In theory, cutting part of the coil will shorten the gap distance between the upper and lower control arms, thus pushing the wheel out a little on the bottom. However I think then once you do an alignment, it will just be right back where you started, so nothing gained. How bad is it rubbing? You could always grind away a little metal on the UCA (I would do that before I ground on the wheel lip). Any pictures?

Taylorb27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
In theory, cutting part of the coil will shorten the gap distance between the upper and lower control arms, thus pushing the wheel out a little on the bottom. However I think then once you do an alignment, it will just be right back where you started, so nothing gained. How bad is it rubbing? You could always grind away a little metal on the UCA (I would do that before I ground on the wheel lip). Any pictures?

ya I’m going to take the wheel off and grind a bit off the UCAs. Not going to touch the lip of the wheel. I’ll put in a 5/16 spacer before I do that. I’ll try to get a picture

Taylorb27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
So it’s actually rubbing on the ball joint plate. All I did was spent a few minutes with a green rolock disk and I’ve got an 1/8” of clearance now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeBeepBeep