What Yellow is my Yellow?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rfa_douglas

Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
2500 Camper Special
Engine Size
6.2L Diesel
Hi, new square body owner here, very excited.

I've been having a very hard time figuring out what colour my truck is. I can't seem to find anything about it on the internet, and very few examples of other people with this colour. I did find a forum post from about ten years ago where someone else had what looked to be the same colour, but no answers there either. I don't believe it's a re-spray, nor do I believe the paint has changed or faded significantly. If anyone has any ideas for what this colour is called I'd greatly appreciate it!

The truck is a 1984 GMC Sierra Camper Special (Canadian model) and the RPO is 03U (I think that's the colour RPO, I'm kinda new to this)

PS. the best way I could describe the colour in person would be to say it's mustard yellow

You must be registered for see images attach

rfa_douglas

Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
2500 Camper Special
Engine Size
6.2L Diesel

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Do you have the SPID sticker in the glovebox or on the inner fender? That would tell you exactly what color you have.

FireTruck1984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
1984 and 1984
Truck Model
High Sierra K1500 350. Sierra Classic C1500 305.
Engine Size
350, 305

I've been having a very hard time figuring out what colour my truck is. I can't seem to find anything about it on the internet, and very few examples of other people with this colour. I did find a forum post from about ten years ago where someone else had what looked to be the same colour, but no answers there either. I don't believe it's a re-spray, nor do I believe the paint has changed or faded significantly. If anyone has any ideas for what this colour is called I'd greatly appreciate it!

The truck is a 1984 GMC Sierra Camper Special (Canadian model) and the RPO is 03U (I think that's the colour RPO, I'm kinda new to this)

PS. the best way I could describe the colour in person would be to say it's mustard yellow

I believe your Yellow is “Yukon Yellow “ #719 used on special edition trucks

FireTruck1984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
1984 and 1984
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 305
Yukon Yellow

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
See if you can find this guy for us. In the glovebox or on the inner fender wells under the hood.

rfa_douglas

Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
2500 Camper Special
Engine Size
6.2L Diesel
See if you can find this guy for us. In the glovebox or on the inner fender wells under the hood.

Got it, but no descriptions on it, just codes, and nothing in the glove box. (not the best photo sorry about that)

rfa_douglas

Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
2500 Camper Special
Engine Size
6.2L Diesel
Yukon Yellow

That certainly looks similar, especially the bottom photo.

FireTruck1984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
1984 and 1984
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 305

I think your color is Gold Wing Metallic..not yellow ??

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Got it, but no descriptions on it, just codes, and nothing in the glove box. (not the best photo sorry about that)

Well, According to that SPID sheet, you have a 6.2L Diesel with a 4-speed non-OD trans and single color option. The exterior paint is Desert Sand Metallic(64L) with Saddle Tan interior(62). You can see what the rest of your RPO codes mean using the GM heritage booklets here: https://www.gmheritagecenter.com/do...its/Chevrolet-Trucks/1984-Chevrolet-Truck.pdf

Pages 34-48 have the RPO codes for that year and Page 63 has the color options.

rfa_douglas

Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
2500 Camper Special
Engine Size
6.2L Diesel
Well, According to that SPID sheet, you have a 6.2L Diesel with a 4-speed non-OD trans and single color option. The exterior paint is Desert Sand Metallic(64L) with Saddle Tan interior(62). You can see what the rest of your RPO codes mean using the GM heritage booklets here: https://www.gmheritagecenter.com/do...its/Chevrolet-Trucks/1984-Chevrolet-Truck.pdf

Pages 34-48 have the RPO codes for that year and Page 63 has the color options.

You nailed it right on the head. Desert Sand Metallic, that's it. Thank you so much for this archive PDF too.

Also, great first impressions from the square body community, well done!

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
I wonder if you buffed the oxidation off that original paint, if it would go back to a fairly shiny golden brownish color.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rossivey