What Did You Do For Edelbrock ATV Cable 79 K20

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrburitto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Cheyenne Camper Special, C30 Crew Cab Dualy
Engine Size
350, 496
Hey guys,

Im trying to get my automatic transmission cable connected to my Edelbrock 1411 but the bracket I got doesn't seem to work. The one I ordered is #8036 and it does say for 78 and earlier but it looked right so I figured I could make it work. Seems like the cable is just a little too short or sitting too far back with this bracket. Called Jeggs to see if they could tell me what I need and they just said I need to replace the whole cable with one that is custom fitted. I don't want to believe that so I was wondering how you guys set up your Edelbrock on a 79-82 with automatic trans. I have some spare aluminum here I was thinking about using to make my own. I don't have a welding rig though so i can only bend, cut, and fasten if you have any ideas. Also running out of money and need to get her on the road lol.

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

dvdswan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Never had an auto trans, but shouldn't it connect on the lower portion? you may need to a 1" screw and 3 nuts, one to tighten the screw to the bracket and 2 tightened against each other to allow the TV cable to slide. something like a 6-32 or 8-32 screw.

highdesertrange

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k30
Engine Size
I have always used the factory bracket. cut off the passenger side so it fits. the one bolt and round smooth stud is enough to hold it in place. if you don't think that's enough put a extender bar in and weld the pieces back together. highdesertranger

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
I have an eddy 1406 and th350 but i didnt run into this issue. I did however custom fab a bracket for for the throttle cable and cruise to pull from. Yours looks a little suspect to me...

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
What kind of transmission? There's a huge difference between setting up a TH350 "kickdown" cable vs. a 700R4 "throttle valve" cable. Improper setup of the 700R4 cable can cause transmission to failure.

But for both transmissions, the cable connects to the bottom of the lever. For a 700R4 TV cable, you will need a special lever bracket for the proper geometry. It simply bolts onto the stock lever.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL