What’s the best way to fix this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gman73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Truck Year
Truck Model
Ck20
Engine Size
350 v8
So was cleaning up my fuse panel and two things went wrong. Look at this pic and tell me what you guys think. I pulled out the flasher for the hazards and lost one pin completely the other is sticking out. Also one side of one of the fuse holders broke off.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
That is a typical problem on a well used work truck that has a lot of hours with the flasher on.

Cheap fix is pull the two wires from the back of the fuse panel. Add some length if you need to, then crimp or solder spade connectors on and plug in the flasher. They sell flasher plugs too.

Perfect fix is a new fuse panel and replace most of the connectors on all the wires, (labor intensive) but then it is like new. Trying to just replace the wire connectors and putting them back in the melted fuse holder will only create the same problem next time the flasher is removed.

squarelyfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Truck Year
Truck Model
k25
Engine Size
As far as the flasher goes... Remove the two screws that hold the panel in, pull it forward to gain access and with one hand push the connector back in while pressing the flasher in with your other hand.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snoblind