What’s it called?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slimmpd

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach
Hey all. I got a couple of problems with my 86 c20 suburban. No crank/start with 12.5v at the batt and intermittent 11.8v at the starter. Gonna head toward NSS and take a look at that in a minute. I’ve already ran down all the other grounds I can find.
Other problem is ignition cylinder wanting to stick on start and not spring back to run.
Got everything torn apart and have come across a part that appears to be my problem. I’ll enclose a photo, outlined in black of the two parts I’m looking for. They each have a little white on them.
I need the GM name for it and do I have to buy a new one or can I replace the spring. I can’t see how it would come apart to change the spring.
Thanks

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Appears to be the lock rod for the steering wheel. I'm not 100% on that being official terminology, but iirc that's what it does.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
CSFJ is right. The lower rod is for high/low beam headlight actuation.

They should not be your problem. Disconnect the battery at the negative post. Then go through and check ALL of your power (+) connections.

There is a return spring in the ignition switch. The actuator rod from the key cylinder to the switch could be binding.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GrayWK