Vortec overflow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TubeTruck

I'm from Boston. Deal with it.
Reaction score
First Name
Denis
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
LQ9
How did you guys mount yours? And where? I'm thinking mid passenger fenderwell which would probably put it about factory location. I got no problem making brackets but curious to see what others have done.

Jeff w Ashworth

Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC
Engine Size
I did a Vortec swap on my 84 GMC, 4x4, but I put a aluminum intake on mine with a Edelbrock carb.and an H.E.I. distributor runs really good but the other day it started to dieseling when I shut it off, or some people say over running I think, can't remember if that is from the timing or the carb. I thank you for the ear listening.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
I did a Vortec swap on my 84 GMC, 4x4, but I put a aluminum intake on mine with a Edelbrock carb.and an H.E.I. distributor runs really good but the other day it started to dieseling when I shut it off, or some people say over running I think, can't remember if that is from the timing or the carb. I thank you for the ear listening.

Could be from either one or neither. Especially with a Vortec that doesn't have a heat crossover to keep the underside of the manifold warm.

Check your timing and pull some plugs to see if they are all covered in soot and junk. Vortec timing is happiest at around 34-36 degrees total, which for most HEI's will put you around 12 degrees initial.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeBeepBeep