Vent windows won't close?????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TropicalSilverado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
I had the windows on my '87 Silverado tinted recently and the vent windows were left open for a couple of days. Now they won't close. I'm afraid to force them for fear of breaking something. Any ideas what the problem might be? I haven't started the truck or operated the power windows since having the tint installed. Thanks in advance for any help.

Randy and Easton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10 LWB
Engine Size
Like these?

Attachments

• CD90A652-E0A6-44D2-8BC2-3F24DB01CA12.jpeg
    CD90A652-E0A6-44D2-8BC2-3F24DB01CA12.jpeg
    293.8 KB · Views: 70

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
I had the windows on my '87 Silverado tinted recently and the vent windows were left open for a couple of days. Now they won't close. I'm afraid to force them for fear of breaking something. Any ideas what the problem might be? I haven't started the truck or operated the power windows since having the tint installed. Thanks in advance for any help.
my biggest thinking is that the seals and stuff were lubricated and things installed (I imagine professional as in, taking the glass out of the things) and reinstall, then leaving it open. Maybe, maybe,.... shifted? I would determine if the seals appear to be properly tucked on around the glass and then it appears right in the door.

WP29P4A

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Classic V1500
Engine Size
350 TBI
What does starting the truck and operating the power windows have to do with the vent windows? Just curious because your post gave the impression that the vent windows were somehow linked to the power windows and starting the truck.

Do they move but just not close completely?

TropicalSilverado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
I found the problem. The window tint guy turned them hard out causing the old and hard rubber to buckle. I got them closed and they will stay that way until I can take them apart and restore them. Thanks, Jim

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
I found the problem. The window tint guy turned them hard out causing the old and hard rubber to buckle. I got them closed and they will stay that way until I can take them apart and restore them. Thanks, Jim
my driver one is kinda doing this I noticed

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
When ya doo that, I have a couple tips that would have made mine easier.
Like only remove the pivot rivet on the window, not separating the frame pieces unless that is necessary in your rebuild.
If you do split the frame pieces, it’s easier to install the gasket though.
Tuck ALL the rubber into the door inside and out, the first time lol, when re-installing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rossivey