Vent tube

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YO MUDA

Reaction score
First Name
Jimi
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Does the rear end vent tube suppost to be open or closed? Theres a bolt in the end of my hose, and it doesnt look like it belongs.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
they have a bolt looking cap on them that lets it vent but keeps crap out of it for the most part.

towman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
factory is a hard plastic, though i never tried it have been told a nipple off of a baby bottle will work

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Does the rear end vent tube suppost to be open or closed? Theres a bolt in the end of my hose, and it doesnt look like it belongs.

If it's an actual bolt, it does not belong there. Advance Auto sells the check-valve type vent caps. If it's a 4WD and you cross deep water/mud you may want to plumb all your vents- front axle, rear axle, and transmission, to the highest point you can. I have all mine tee'd together and plumbed to the cowl with one check valve vent cap.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
If it's an actual bolt, it does not belong there. Advance Auto sells the check-valve type vent caps. If it's a 4WD and you cross deep water/mud you may want to plumb all your vents- front axle, rear axle, and transmission, to the highest point you can. I have all mine tee'd together and plumbed to the cowl with one check valve vent cap.

x2. Take he bolt out, and replace it with the check valve. I see you are local to Moore, had you been 2 days earlier, I coulda given you a hose, valve and clamp that bolts it to the bottom of the bed. I junked the truck.

How did you hear out this place Muda???

YO MUDA

Reaction score
First Name
Jimi
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Thanks for the good info. HotRod, I saw your add on craigslist for a parts truck and the link you put in the ad. Good thinkin.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Thanks for the good info. HotRod, I saw your add on craigslist for a parts truck and the link you put in the ad. Good thinkin.

Ahhh Cool !!! Yeah, I scrapped that truck this week. And let the rear end go with it too. Didn't want to, but was out of time after being sick the last 2 weeks and not getting it stripped like I wanted too. But I sure could grabbed the Rear end hose. I had already it unbolted too since I was in process of taking the rear end.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL