Vacuum Leak???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
No pix?

Dude! Thats not cool - it takes 5 seconds...the internet requires pictures too. What about the squarebody brothers abd sisters that follow you?
Pictures PLUS words?
It's kinda neat sometimes.
Come on man - join he team.
:shrug:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Attachments

• 20220115_212959~3.jpeg
    20220115_212959~3.jpeg
    65.5 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

eric 87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC Sierra Shortbed
Engine Size
305 tbi
well my 87 just got a carb. I am having the same issue of it dying just as you described. It is much stronger with this 600cfm Holley Street warrior carb than the TBI ever was. However the TBI was rock steady in some aspects. Mine was just never right and I broke out the park gun to the tune of about 800$ and it never got fixed and had even replaced the ECM with a new one.
And as many said you are exchanging one bad for another. Once I get this dying issue taken care of I think I will be happier overall. Funny that I don't think the carb has been adjusted as well as it can be and yet funny thing is my mileage has been better by a noticeable thing. Which says a bunch about how bad my TBI was or an aged TBI doesn't do as well as a carb. Pick your theory. I just need to track my source of the dying.
I have to go buy a new vac gauge. Not sure but my electric pump may not be giving enough pressure. I think it was 4-4.5 psi. I think optimum for this holley is 6. So I may need a new electric pump.
Anyone had one that is a good low pressure pump. My block isn't drilled for a mechanical.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL