Using OBS seat instead of original (or what is this seat?))

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
So my bench seat is pretty bad, to the point my foam on driver’s side is collapsing and makes me lean toward the door.

A guy has this posted locally for $50. I asked him what it was out of, he thinks it’s a late 80s Chevy but he’s not sure since it came with a truck and he didn’t use it. I did ask him to flip it upside down and take some pictures for me so I could see the brackets.
You must be registered for see images attach

The fabric alone makes me think it’s probably an OBS. But I could be wrong. I saw on another YouTube video that the brackets will not lineup if I try to put this in. Doesn’t sound like a dealbreaker to make my own, but wanted to see if you guys have done this first, and will the center seat belt holes line up? Let me know what you think. I really just wanna get-by seat until I have a chance to have mine reupholstered. Thanks in advance.

Chad

Last edited:

squaredeal91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg bush
Truck Year
1991 SB
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins 12 valve
It looks comfy and I think it's out of an early 88-2000 body chevy. Could be made to work good.

yycbeaker

Reaction score
First Name
joel
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
This is the 88-96 obs bench seat i used in my 78. I have the sliders directly mounted to the seat frame (as low as i can get it) and i had to use steel flat bar to build mounts from the rear bolt holes on the cab to meet the slider.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmattly