Upper Ball Joints with Side Zircs - K Series

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Have any of you fellas swapped out your upper ball joints with ones with side zircs? How did you orientate them......access from the front or the back? I would prefer the back side but do not have any pics of the front axle from behind (assembled still in the truck) to see if there is anything to interfere.....like shocks, etc.

There is a method to my madness why I ask.

Thanks.

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
I'm fairly certain I faced mine towards the back. But I'll look when I get to the shop tomorrow.

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
Sorry, I completely forgot about this. But I drove the truck today and while I'm turning a corner and the steering is doing some weird sticking thing I thought maybe a ball joint is seized and then I remembered "Oh cr@p! I forgot to look at the ball joints for @Doppleganger !"

They're pointed toward the back and inward at about a 45° angle so they can clear the calipers.

Hope that helps.

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Sorry, I completely forgot about this. But I drove the truck today and while I'm turning a corner and the steering is doing some weird sticking thing I thought maybe a ball joint is seized and then I remembered "Oh cr@p! I forgot to look at the ball joints for @Doppleganger !"

They're pointed toward the back and inward at about a 45° angle so they can clear the calipers.

Hope that helps.

It does - thanks. I propped the axle up level then eyeballed where I thought it should go. I put a paint marker dot there and where you say sounds about where I put it. Looks also like if you turn the wheel it'd be really wide open to getting a grease gun in there.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84