Ultimate Adventure 2020

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
Not sure how many of you have ever followed this- it is what Four Wheeler has done every year for the last 20 years. About half the group is the editors, or Steven Watson from ORD. The rest are reader voted rigs. I think last year they were in Alaska.

So check my email and it says UA2020 has started. Follow the link... and... they are in my hometown area. Kalispell MT. Looks like the first day they went up to Blacktail ORV park.

https://www.fourwheeler.com/ultimate-adventure/2020/ultimate-adventure-2020-day-1-recap/

You must be registered for see images attach

Not much happens around here- so was surprised it starts here in Montana.

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@77 K20

Thank you for posting these pictures of your interesting hobby. I enjoy seeing the places you go. I wish my health wasn't what it is so I could at least get out more to cruise in's and car shows to at least have something to contribute more than pics of stuff I manage to get done. My wife, son and I were over in Marshall, TX a few weeks ago eating out for my son's birthday when on the bulletin board was a flyer for a cruise in in Marshall some time in May, I think the 15th. I'll tell you how long it's been since I've been to a cruise in, 1999!! Why so long? Because that's when the cruise in's and car shows stopped in my town. I never did know why, they just ended. So I never did try to find out about any due to family situations, you know? We used to have a real strong car scene. It included trucks, like mine and other styles, and everything in between. No foreign cars, just US makes. They did their thing somewhere else. When I get my truck up and running and see about maybe getting some bodywork done maybe I can participate. Then I'll bring you all some nice pics of what I like doing.

We let anything US show, except rice rockets and boom-boom cars and the like. It's just muscle cars, and trucks, and any make or model but mostly everything up to maybe '80 I think. I don't remember any late model anything. Mostly '70's and back. I went to the cruise in's and car shows in East, and mid Texas and Northern Louisiana for years.

But I wish I could go off roading with Mike. It looks like a lot of fun.

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
I have been part of quite a few different automotive groups thru the years. I've always had some sort of square. 2 blazers, a K10 and a K20. Have always went off in search of trails to see what they can do.

I bought a ZR2 in 2001 to replace my K10. Had some advantages, but just missed the old truck. Sold the ZR2, then it was a Typhoon, Audi S4, VW TDIs. All these vehicles were modified, and went on cruises or events in other states. Nothing like hanging out with other car fans.

Ultimately Montana is rough on vehicles. Rust, rock chips, idiots door dinging you. Nothing I have now I'd enter in a car show (my Typhoon won 1st place when I had it). But everything I have is functional and I like them- and they are not perfect by any means.

Missed hanging out with other car folks, so that is why I joined and started going on trail rides with the 2 local groups. The one group is an hour away, but is a much more mature group. I'm not out to bash my truck. In fact I've still not put a single dent in it. All dents are from the previous rancher.

I haven't been to a car show in probably 5 years. I need to get back and start going and looking at other people's pride and joys.

There were a bunch of car and truck cruises last year in town here- wanted to go on them but my work sent me out of state for a few months. Missed out.

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@77 K20,

I can see where going off in the mountains would be....regenerating. When I lived in Colorado right after I got married I thought my wife would enjoy it as much I was. I love the mountains. I don't know what it is about it. I think it's the ancientness of the rocks, it just does something to me. Unfortunately my wife didn'[t have the same....feeling about the rocks as I did. She hated the snow, I loved it, I loved going up into the Continental Divide, the big trees, the animals, she hated it. Then she got so home sick she had to go back here to visit with her mom. When she got back it was either we go back or I stay and she goes back, here. Me or the mountains kind of a deal?

Then as I was telling goodbye this fellow hot rodder I met at work offered me a '36 Buick and he would throw in a 364 cubic inch hemi out of a big Chrysler for nothing all for $400! He just wanted to get it out of his grand dad's field before anything happen to it. His shop had hemi's laying around everywhere, inside, outside, he had plenty. But unfortunately the moving van cost $400 so there went the hemi and a '36 Buick two door Special out in his grand dad's back field, I went out there in the daylight and looked at it. It was gutted but was clean as a whistle, the glass was clear with the slightest fogging along the edges, there was the tiniest pecks of rust on the chrome, even the red tail light lenses were clear, glass ones. It had four old ass tires on some of those old metal spoked rims on it, but nothing else. Oh well, one of those "the one I let get away" stories.