Two tone paint jobs with white steel wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jarrett Melvin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jarrett
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Going to be getting the truck to the body shop in the next couple weeks and I'm stuck between Colors and schemes and what will look right and what won't?

Was originally gunna go with a dark blue, with a white side panel. Along with white steel wheels. My west coast mirrors are also already white. But I'm afraid now that all the white and blue might look tacky.

Truck right now is currently a solid dark green, with white steel wheels and mirrors.

Anybodys truck have a paint and color scheme similar to this, I would love to see it and how it turned out before I finally decide what to go with. Thanks

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Google, man.
Pics until your hearts content.
White center stripe and/or white roof,2 tone is a classic 67-72 and squarebody look for sure.
White Cali mirrors and white steelies will look great IMO.
Personal opinion, I’d be more inclined to go med or light blue and white if blue is your color. But that’s just me.
Cant wait to see what you decide.
Starting over fresh any color/scheme you want, would be tough. Idk if I could choose. Just too many awesome combos.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Honestly, these trucks look great with a white front bumper too.

Jarrett Melvin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jarrett
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Imn
Google, man.
Pics until your hearts content.
White center stripe and/or white roof,2 tone is a classic 67-72 and squarebody look for sure.
White Cali mirrors and white steelies will look great IMO.
Personal opinion, I’d be more inclined to go med or light blue and white if blue is your color. But that’s just me.

I'm starting to lean more towards a light blue. Or an all solid dark green. I've spent a lot of time on Google, seen this one that I really liked but idk if the lower half white on white steelies be like.

Jarrett Melvin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jarrett
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
I thought about a white bumper to but I have a chrome one in way to good of shape to even think about painting it

You must be registered for see images attach

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Imn

I'm starting to lean more towards a light blue. Or an all solid dark green. I've spent a lot of time on Google, seen this one that I really liked but idk if the lower half white on white steelies be like.
Like white below the belt line (where the chrome trim would go)? That would look awesome too. With a white roof as well.

Jarrett Melvin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jarrett
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Like white below the belt line (where the chrome trim would go)? That would look awesome too. With a white roof as well.

From the body line down, like the pic I posted above

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
^Silver is cool for the center stripe too. IMO better on an 80s truck than 70s like the pic.

But whatever you do, if you do an 80s style center stripe, get the top line in the right place and the right curve on the front fenders. Otherwise it’ll look weird to those who know what they’re looking at!

Shorty81

Baby Boomer
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
My two tone. Sonic Orange/white

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
Yes.

45tt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
MJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC Sierra Grande K15
Engine Size
Imn

couple here, but they are green trucks.
First is circa 1976, my sis and I standing in front of my Dads new Scottsdale with white steel wheels. Second was my solid dark green 1976 Custom Deluxe, sorry no white on this one (it was the 80’s, everything got chromed). I vote for green, it’s something you just don’t see anymore.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128