TV cable and bracket help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dleslie212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
5.7L 350
I've been reading about the 700R4 trans and how important it is to have the TV cable properly lined up and adjusted. After looking at a few pictures, mine doesn't look right. I was hoping somebody could help me and let me know how I should fix this. I wouldn't mind just buying a new TV cable, and I'm pretty sure I need a different bracket as well. I just need to know which ones i should get, and I'm hoping somebody here can tell me. I can also take more/different pics if they would help.

The TV cable is not lined up with the carb at all, it's way off. It's using some bracket that bolts to the manifold, instead of to the carb that I've seen in other's pics

https://imgur.com/a/FHgfYol

Chevy SB 350
700R4 trans
Edelbrock 1405 carb

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
I am more versed with Holley's, but a quick search to the Edelbrock site, it looks like 8031 bracket should be what you need.

https://www.edelbrock.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=+tv+cable+bracket

Your TV cable looks very tired. When they are new, they are auto adjust. You push the release button in and extend the housing of the cable all the way out. Then when installed and the throttle moves to full on, the TV cable housing will ratchet in, setting the adjustment.

Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Silverado
Engine Size
Here's the brackets I got from edelbrock. Iam running cruise control to.
You must be registered for see images attach

Dleslie212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
5.7L 350
Here's the brackets I got from edelbrock. Iam running cruise control to.
You must be registered for see images attach

Is that the 8031 that Turbo3Whl linked?

And thank you for the info, both of you. I actually saw this:

https://www.tciauto.com/tv-cable-co...2004r-transmissions-edelbrock-carburetor.html

Is this something that should work for me?

Edited to add:

I found this YouTube video from Monster Transmission... I'm thinking of going this route now. Any thoughts?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cable - https://www.monstertransmission.com...alve-TV-Detent-Cable_p_6132.html#.XoKHSohKjb0

Bracket - https://www.monstertransmission.com...rottle-Cable-Bracket_p_4896.html#.XoKHW4hKjb0

Throttle Valve Corrector (Is this necessary?) https://www.monstertransmission.com...ttle-Valve-Corrector_p_4881.html#.XoKHTYhKjb0

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Silverado
Engine Size
Iam not sure of part number but you can go on summit web site and look up edelbrock parts.

Dleslie212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
5.7L 350
I just wanted to update on this.

I went ahead and ordered all three of the parts I liked above - the Edelbrock carb adapter, the TV bracket, and the TV cable. It cost 167$ after shipping, and took a few days to get here. Quality wise, the cable is ok. The bracket was just cheap made in Taiwan adjustable crap, and the Edelbrock adapter was just plate with a couple of screws (that cost almost 50!!)

Instructions for the cable were god awful - the video I linked above is your best bet there.

Instructions for the Edelbrock adapter were laughable - a tiny, black and white blurry picture that I couldn't even make out. I ended up just figuiring it out. I had to use a drill to enlarge a hole that was already on the carb, but no big deal.

The bracket came with zero instructions, but was easy enough to figure out.

All in all, I feel almost ripped off with the price of this stuff. But it is what it is. I had never done a TV cable before, and it took me about three hours.

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
I just wanted to update on this.

I went ahead and ordered all three of the parts I liked above - the Edelbrock carb adapter, the TV bracket, and the TV cable. It cost 167$ after shipping, and took a few days to get here. Quality wise, the cable is ok. The bracket was just cheap made in Taiwan adjustable crap, and the Edelbrock adapter was just plate with a couple of screws (that cost almost 50!!)

Instructions for the cable were god awful - the video I linked above is your best bet there.

Instructions for the Edelbrock adapter were laughable - a tiny, black and white blurry picture that I couldn't even make out. I ended up just figuiring it out. I had to use a drill to enlarge a hole that was already on the carb, but no big deal.

The bracket came with zero instructions, but was easy enough to figure out.

All in all, I feel almost ripped off with the price of this stuff. But it is what it is. I had never done a TV cable before, and it took me about three hours.

Well I am sorry Edelbrock charged so much for the parts you needed. I am glad to hear you got it figured out.

As a side note if you quote someone in your post that will show an alert in their home page. I missed your posts from March 30.

Dleslie212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
5.7L 350
Well I am sorry Edelbrock charged so much for the parts you needed. I am glad to hear you got it figured out.

As a side note if you quote someone in your post that will show an alert in their home page. I missed your posts from March 30.

No worries, I appreciate the help anyway, and thanks for the heads up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willyg