Tutorial on door disassembly?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AaronW

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Truck Year
Truck Model
V3500
Engine Size
All:

While I waiting on getting a big dent in my roof pulled out, I'm getting started on the doors in my 89 crew cab. It's got power windows. I've been looking around for some info on disassembling these doors, but all I can find is stuff with crank handle windows.

I've got to paint all 4 doors. All I'd intended to do, was to pull the lock and the handle, then mask off the windows and paint. But now that I look at the inside of the door, I can't figure out how to get the handle out, because there's a track covering up the bolts that appear to hold that handle assembly in.

Anyone know of a good tutorial on pulling these doors apart? Alternately, would it be a bad idea to jsut mask off the handles and locks, and paint them as-is?

Aaron

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
All:

While I waiting on getting a big dent in my roof pulled out, I'm getting started on the doors in my 89 crew cab. It's got power windows. I've been looking around for some info on disassembling these doors, but all I can find is stuff with crank handle windows.

I've got to paint all 4 doors. All I'd intended to do, was to pull the lock and the handle, then mask off the windows and paint. But now that I look at the inside of the door, I can't figure out how to get the handle out, because there's a track covering up the bolts that appear to hold that handle assembly in.

Anyone know of a good tutorial on pulling these doors apart? Alternately, would it be a bad idea to jsut mask off the handles and locks, and paint them as-is?

Aaron
taping off will be fine. Just make sure the handles are clean so the tape will stick to it well. Your other option would be to look around youtube for c10 door assembly vids.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL