Turn Signal Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ceejay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
CeeJay
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I'm still in the process on trying to get my C10 on the road, and I just swapped my column out for a tilt column. I just swapped out the ignition switch on it (the one on top of the column), and now it is starting. But, the hazard switch and turn signal stalk doesn't do anything (no exterior flashing or no indicator on the dash). Now, saying this, I have no idea if either worked with the original column either, because nothing really worked on the truck when I got it. I'm just wondering on what steps I should diagnose this. Thanks.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Check both fuses, make sure the flashers are there, and feel free to swap in a spare you may have to rule out two bad flashers. If there are any other electrical issues, verify your principal ground network under the hood. My guess is a bad turn signal switch in the “new” column, but check for voltage on the purple (turn) and brown (hazard) wires on the steering column turn signal connector to verify that’s the problem.

ceejay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
CeeJay
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Check both fuses, make sure the flashers are there, and feel free to swap in a spare you may have to rule out two bad flashers. If there are any other electrical issues, verify your principal ground network under the hood. My guess is a bad turn signal switch in the “new” column, but check for voltage on the purple (turn) and brown (hazard) wires on the steering column turn signal connector to verify that’s the problem.

Thanks. Haven't had time to dig back into yet. I went ahead and order the turn signal switch, but I held off on buying a replacement stalk yet. Could just be the fuses too but it seemed stiff when trying to move the turn signal stalk, so that's why I went ahead and ordered one. Will keep you updated.

highdesertrange

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k30
Engine Size
did you plug it in? did you do any troubleshooting to determine the switch was bad? highdesertranger

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laqota