1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turn Signal Help

Discussion in 'Tech Discussion' started by ceejay, Jun 2, 2020.

1. ceejay

ceejay Junior Member

First Name:
    CeeJay
    Truck Year:
    Truck Model:
    C10
    Engine Size:
    I'm still in the process on trying to get my C10 on the road, and I just swapped my column out for a tilt column. I just swapped out the ignition switch on it (the one on top of the column), and now it is starting. But, the hazard switch and turn signal stalk doesn't do anything (no exterior flashing or no indicator on the dash). Now, saying this, I have no idea if either worked with the original column either, because nothing really worked on the truck when I got it. I'm just wondering on what steps I should diagnose this. Thanks.

2. 1987 GMC Jimmy

1987 GMC Jimmy Automobile Hoarder

First Name:
    Jesse
    Truck Year:
    Truck Model:
    V1500 Jimmy
    Engine Size:
    Check both fuses, make sure the flashers are there, and feel free to swap in a spare you may have to rule out two bad flashers. If there are any other electrical issues, verify your principal ground network under the hood. My guess is a bad turn signal switch in the “new” column, but check for voltage on the purple (turn) and brown (hazard) wires on the steering column turn signal connector to verify that’s the problem.

3. ceejay

ceejay Junior Member

First Name:
    CeeJay
    Truck Year:
    Truck Model:
    C10
    Engine Size:
    Thanks. Haven't had time to dig back into yet. I went ahead and order the turn signal switch, but I held off on buying a replacement stalk yet. Could just be the fuses too but it seemed stiff when trying to move the turn signal stalk, so that's why I went ahead and ordered one. Will keep you updated.

4. highdesertrange

highdesertrange Full Access Member

First Name:
    mike
    Truck Year:
    Truck Model:
    k30
    Engine Size:
    did you plug it in? did you do any troubleshooting to determine the switch was bad? highdesertranger