Trying to find the connector to turn off service engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BiggerBen

Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
just got done replacing all the gaskets on my square looking for the timing connector so I can time my truck properly I have a 87 if anyone could show me a diagram or anything any help would be appreciated a 17 year old just trying to get her done and back on the road

You must be registered for see images attach

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Nothing handy, but it’s a single wire weatherpak connector right up against the firewall near the wiper motor. I believe the wire is orange and black or tan and black. Can’t miss it.

BiggerBen

Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
I got it I put 10 degrees of timing in it and it is running like absolute crap and I can't figure it out

BiggerBen

Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Nothing handy, but it’s a single wire weatherpak connector right up against the firewall near the wiper motor. I believe the wire is orange and black or tan and black. Can’t miss it.
I found it thx put 10 degrees of timing in it runs like absolute **** tbi motor is tripping me up plus efi I can't tell if it's running like junk cause the electrical or some other bs

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Did you reset the computer? Disconnect a battery cable for thirty seconds and try again.

Daveo91Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
V2500 Silverado Suburban
Engine Size
Vortec 383, modified TBI/4L80e
Unless you've done any changes inside the chip, which it sounds like you haven't, TBI should be set at 0 degrees with the tan/black wire disconnected. Engine should be warmed up when you do it. Once you set it at zero computer takes care of everything else.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
83elcowes