Truck Won't Start!! Need Advice!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve Goetz

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
My '82 C20 was running/starting okay. One day I was out and went to start it, but nothing happened...absolutely nothing--no turnover, no clicking, no nothing! I assumed it was the starter and found a rock and struck the starter a number of times and eventually I was able to get it started. I took it to the local auto parts store and had the starter tested...which passed their test (thru the battery) but again, the truck would not start without hitting the starter. I've recently replaced the battery and alternator (because of another electrical issue).
I assumed the starter was bad so I replaced that...did not fix the problem. I then lowered the steering column and replaced the ignition switch...still no success!!
I'm grasping at straws here....what else could it be? Maybe a bad ground? I'm getting good voltage when the ignition is turned on, but doesn't turnover. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I've never had this problem with this truck since I bought it over a year ago.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurt54