truck not starting with clutch engaged

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4speedburb

Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500 Suburban
Engine Size
ok, so ive got an 89 burban with the 4 speed manual, and when i press the clutch in, i have no fire, or even attempt to turn over, plus im haing other issues, but not the right thread for that! im thinking it might be the clutch saftey switch? or maybe somthing more? not too sure, any help will be appreciated

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
The safety switch has two big wires, one yellow and one purple. Unplug it and jump the two terminals with a short piece of wire, then see if it starts. If so, your issue is the switch (if I'm remembering right, it's adjustable).

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
The safety switch has two big wires, one yellow and one purple. Unplug it and jump the two terminals with a short piece of wire, then see if it starts. If so, your issue is the switch (if I'm remembering right, it's adjustable).

Yup, its adjustable like the brake switch.

4speedburb

Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500 Suburban
Engine Size
ok sweet! thanks guys! just been havin a tough time with this burb since i got it, its not my first squarebody, but one of the first that ive had a bit of issues with

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chuchito