Truck doesn't start or make a click when I turn key. I need help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lilman2000

Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
I used the truck all day. Once I decide to drive it again in the night it doesn't turn over or even make a sound. So I assumed the battery. I had the battery checked and it was a 100 percent charge. the alternator is brand new. I even checked all the fuses and the starter to see if it had power going to it still which it does. I am totally confused and if yall have had the same issue on a 85 c10 pickup please help if y'all can.

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
I used the truck all day. Once I decide to drive it again in the night it doesn't turn over or even make a sound. So I assumed the battery. I had the battery checked and it was a 100 percent charge. the alternator is brand new. I even checked all the fuses and the starter to see if it had power going to it still which it does. I am totally confused and if yall have had the same issue on a 85 c10 pickup please help if y'all can.
Very likey that either one of the wires to the starter, one of the battery leads, or a ground strap to the block is shot. Either melted threw while you were driving last, chewed by some form of rodent, came loose, freed, or broke.

I'd say first check the connection to the battery, the leads and the actually co edition of the wire, the connection of the main battery lead to the starter, the 2 exciter wires to the starter solenoid, the ground strap on the block, and if none of that does it, then you may have to look at the connections running to and from the key/column. Definatly sounds electrical.

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
You need to be more specific about what you have checked.
- For example, when you turn on the key do you get all the dash lights and hvac working, but no starter turnover when you turn it to the start position?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GrayWK