Trans support rods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rpcraft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
LS 6.0 364 CID
I would not spend money on them to be honest. There are far too many trucks without them. Your truck though.

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
I'll go back to: GM doesn't spend a nickel on something under the truck that is unnecessary. If those supports cost them $4.00 per vehicle, multiply that by the millions of these trucks that they built. Unless it's something that will increase sales it must be essential or GM would not have spent the money.

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
FYI the rods are specific left to right. My truck was missing one of them when I purchased it, but I was able to get the one through Classic Parts. They used to stock the OEM parts, but they are no longer in their catalog. The catalog only lists years 78-91. Nothing about engines, transmissions or transfer cases.

I don't know if it's correct, but I installed the slotted ends of the rods on the flex plate cover side since the bolts and washer are much larger than those on the engine side.

You must be registered for see images attach

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
FYI the rods are specific left to right. My truck was missing one of them when I purchased it, but I was able to get the one through Classic Parts. They used to stock the OEM parts, but they are no longer in their catalog. The catalog only lists years 78-91. Nothing about engines, transmissions or transfer cases.

I don't know if it's correct, but I installed the slotted ends of the rods on the flex plate cover side since the bolts and washer are much larger than those on the engine side.

Thanks for the info. The plates don’t look the same, but I thought the rods did...

Classic parts only has the left one. I might just pick up that used set if I can’t find one today.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128