Trans linkage?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tombo

Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
350 Vortec
About to start a project on an 84 k5 blazer. Putting a 6.2 ls and 6l80 trans in. I've searched but haven't really found what I'm looking for. How do I go about hooking up shift linkage? Would like to keep the column shifter but is that possible? It has a 700r4 in it currently. And lastly, will the np208 transfer case I have bolt up to that 6l80? I've read that it would and others say no.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Lokar shift linkage works with the 6l80. That’s a badass trans, btw! Start a build thread for us to follow. I’d love a 6l80.

Someone more knowledgeable will have to answer the trans to tcase question. I’m sure with all the adapter plates out there and the right shaft, just about anything is possible these days.

Tombo

Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
350 Vortec
Had intentions on putting the whole setup in my 90 c1500. Don't want the extra expense of converting the trans to a 2wd. It's a low mileage gm replacement so I want to keep it instead of trying to find one already 2wd. Probably wouldn't be able to keep tires on the back. I actually started on the harness today pulling out what's not needed for a standalone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tporter79