Trans Cross Member Orientation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dhenderz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Does anyone know the orientation of the transmission cross member on a 77 K10 TH350/NP203? I took hundreds of pictures. Wouldn't you know it I did not take one of the cross member before taking it out.

The one in the pic below is not mine, but is basically the same (a few years earlier - ebay item). Note the 2 trans/transfer case mount holes in the center. One is a 'net' (round) hole and the other is adjustable side-to-side (slotted). And next to the round hole there is a clearance relief. I am thinking the net/round hole goes on the passenger (right) side and the clearance is for the front drive shaft. Does anyone know for sure?

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

rpcraft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
LS 6.0 364 CID
When I installed mine I went with the oval towards the drivers side. I can not recall how I came to that conclusion but I think it was because when I bought it that is how it was already oriented when it came off the truck I bought it from.

I've included a photo that the guy sent me before I purchased it to make sure it had both the Tcase adapter and the flat style crossmember for my setup.
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Photo of it off the truck and cleaned up and a not very good photo of it about to be installed so you can see I just carbon copied what I took out. the only thing I did different was I used Poly mounts...

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
I think Robert is right. The bigger funny shaped hole on the slant is to access the cv joint zerk if I remember correctly.

dhenderz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Thanks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics