TRANS COOLING Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

87Hi-v15HND

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Truck Year
Truck Model
v1500
Engine Size
Just put a Reman. 700r4 in my truck and noticed the cooling lines do NOT run through the radiator. There is an auxiliary cooler mounted along the frame On the passenger side under the bed of the truck. I don’t think that is efficient enough to cool the tranny. So I bought a new cooler that mounts in front of the radiator and a friend of mine told me that still is not enough and that it needs to run through the radiator too! So question is does the lines have to run through the radiator even with the radiator style auxiliary cooler?

To me it’s the same concept. Air runs through the radiator and cools the fluids... some knowledge please?!

87Hi-v15HND

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Truck Year
Truck Model
v1500
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach

This is what is mounted on my frame

And this is what I bought to replace it.

vkh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Var
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500
Engine Size
Running your trans lines through the rad and an auxiliary cooler is generally the way to go. It's not just about the cooling, it also helps warm it on startups, especially in the winter. Running your trans too cold is bad too.

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Running your trans lines through the rad and an auxiliary cooler is generally the way to go. It's not just about the cooling, it also helps warm it on startups, especially in the winter. Running your trans too cold is bad too.

^ this and the cooler you bought isnt very effective, the best style look like a small radiator like this

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
83elcowes