trans cooling lines/hoses

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ken B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
ken
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
OK, looking for input (what else is new) on trans cooling lines. I made mine up out of tubing 20 some years ago, well its time to replace them since while trying to re install one got bent in half.....maybe i was being too forceful.
whats the right product to use going back in , premade, re make out of tubing , or the braided. any input would be great

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
OK, looking for input (what else is new) on trans cooling lines. I made mine up out of tubing 20 some years ago, well its time to replace them since while trying to re install one got bent in half.....maybe i was being too forceful.
whats the right product to use going back in , premade, re make out of tubing , or the braided. any input would be great
if your lines are fine otherwise, the right diameter, and good, you should have a section of hose in these lines as to protect the lines from becoming brittle (notice how the brake line has the loops, that springy design does that for those)

you just need a tubing cutter, a flare tool, and some trans cooler hose in the right diameter. 3/8 is a common line size, is that yours? Just cut to good metal tube, flare a simple flare to keep from shooting off push hose onone end, install,then install other end as necessary. then clamp(slide them on before the second line) preferably constant tension or fuel injection clamps, they can be bought for the hose size you get.
You must be registered for see images attach

heres some clamp designs you could use with good results

Ken B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
ken
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
good info, i had hard lines run end to end. i didnt think about "flexability"
thanks

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
good info, i had hard lines run end to end. i didnt think about "flexability"
thanks
np. also driveline shifts, which means those lines probably "pivoted" on those bend points for some time.

Ken B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
ken
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
they are at least 25 years old....they were fine til i tried to strong arm them into place

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
If you use hose or braided AN line, make sure it is transmission line rated. The pressures and temperatures you can see on a hard worked transmission can do really bad stuff to fuel hose or regular braided AN line. Brained AN line is fine, just make sure it is PTFE, not the other cheaper stuff.

I would personally just cut out the bent section, flare both ends, and put standard rubber transmission cooler hose in to replace those sections. Use good quality clamps and move on. You can get transmission cooler hose at almost any parts store by the foot.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
If you use hose or braided AN line, make sure it is transmission line rated. The pressures and temperatures you can see on a hard worked transmission can do really bad stuff to fuel hose or regular braided AN line. Brained AN line is fine, just make sure it is PTFE, not the other cheaper stuff.

I would personally just cut out the bent section, flare both ends, and put standard rubber transmission cooler hose in to replace those sections. Use good quality clamps and move on. You can get transmission cooler hose at almost any parts store by the foot.
Yay bex agrees with me
almost exactly even lol

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
The factory cooler lines on my 2000 Ford Expedition had a section of rubber hose in the last foot of each line before it connected to the radiator, so they didn’t think all hard line was a good idea.

WP29P4A

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Classic V1500
Engine Size
350 TBI
You could just do the quick and easy thing and order the correct made to fit lines that Summit racing sells. That's what my son did, easy install, no hacking, clamping, no blood.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
garethrowsell