Trans cooler lines (‘79 C10 305/350)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DirtyDYT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
‘79
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Hi guys, my lines pretzeled as I tried to remove them before pulling the trans on my ‘79 C10 last week. I ended up cutting them off in order to free it up.

I’ve had zero luck with finding correct part numbers via web searches so far and I’m not going to bother waiting 30 minutes at the parts store again for some stoned teenager to say “uhhhhh...” because they don’t have some or all of the parts in their system. Can anyone please tell me what the part numbers for the lines and/or fittings are? I really want to get this thing on the road ASAP but this is a major hang-up.

Truck is a 305 / TH350 2wd C10 from 1979. Stock rad with trans cooler as far as I am aware. It’s being 454 swapped so proper cooling is a must! Stock lines fit just fine with the big block by the way. Thanks in advance.

DirtyDYT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
‘79
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Turns out that auto parts stores do not stock these parts.

After lots of phone calls I found The Right Stuff in Westerville, OH. They’ll make me new lines for $47. Sweet!

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I never realized that company was in Westerville. Neat.

I've always made my own lines. It's a little tedious getting them to fit and look correct, but the lines are cheap from the parts stores. It's just 5/16 brake/fuel line. The standard fittings on them are the right size for the radiator and the trans.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laqota