Trade my 1978 RS/LT Camaro for your Squarebody….

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BearKing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bear
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I have a 1978 Camaro RS Type LT that I would like to trade for a Squarebody truck or Blazer. The car has only 84,000 original miles and is from North Dakota. It has Power windows, Power locks, A/C and all the goodies. Not a T top car. It’s Red and Black. Never been painted. Has a few hail dents and the previous owner couldn’t get the driver side window all the way up so it has a hole in the driver side floor. No holes anywhere else. Just there because he was an idiot. All it needed was a battery and the window rolled up just fine. It has the factory 350 Z28 engine and Turbo 350. I have the clear title in my name. I have had it for about 10 years and never drive it. I keep it in a secure storage locker near my house next to a couple of my Square body trucks. I would even trade it for truck parts if they are ones I need. The car is actually rare for that year. Not many RS Camaros came with 350’s and that color combo. I have the build sheet for it also showing all the eq it came with from the factory. It’s not a Posi and has the 2:41 ratio but I DO have a factory 2:41 Posi out of a 1979 Z28. The whole axle. The trunk even looks new. It’s a great car but I have far too many things going and Squar body parts or a good truck is what I am looking for. Thanks for reading my post.

Attachments

• D3927DBC-AB25-4650-B463-8AB1BF43615B.jpeg
    D3927DBC-AB25-4650-B463-8AB1BF43615B.jpeg
    157.5 KB · Views: 113
  • D11D1723-330C-43BF-8925-42F24D45F890.jpeg
    D11D1723-330C-43BF-8925-42F24D45F890.jpeg
    129.3 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
I have a 1978 Camaro RS Type LT that I would like to trade for a Squarebody truck or Blazer. The car has only 84,000 original miles and is from North Dakota. It has Power windows, Power locks, A/C and all the goodies. Not a T top car. It’s Red and Black. Never been painted. Has a few hail dents and the previous owner couldn’t get the driver side window all the way up so it has a hole in the driver side floor. No holes anywhere else. Just there because he was an idiot. All it needed was a battery and the window rolled up just fine. It has the factory 350 Z28 engine and Turbo 350. I have the clear title in my name. I have had it for about 10 years and never drive it. I keep it in a secure storage locker near my house next to a couple of my Square body trucks. I would even trade it for truck parts if they are ones I need. The car is actually rare for that year. Not many RS Camaros came with 350’s and that color combo. I have the build sheet for it also showing all the eq it came with from the factory. It’s not a Posi and has the 2:41 ratio but I DO have a factory 2:41 Posi out of a 1979 Z28. The whole axle. The trunk even looks new. It’s a great car but I have far too many things going and Squar body parts or a good truck is what I am looking for. Thanks for reading my post.
I'd go for that. Want to drive to NM? And what are you requiring in a truck? Or what parts are you needing?

Midnightmoon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Nice Car. Intrigued by the story of the hole in the floor though. How exactly did the previous owner create that from a stuck window?

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
Nice Car. Intrigued by the story of the hole in the floor though. How exactly did the previous owner create that from a stuck window?
My uneducated guess is because the window was down water got in when it rained, and a puddle of water sitting on the floor every time it rains = rust hole in floor. That's why a lot of T top cars get rusty floors. No offense, but I'm not sure what else you could even imagine it would be, pretty self explanatory.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Sweet car! That's why I sold my 2000 camaro SS a few months ago. I never drove it much. So I know how ya feel. I only have one square so I can't trade ya. How much cash would you take? Then you could buy parts. Lol

Midnightmoon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
My uneducated guess is because the window was down water got in when it rained, and a puddle of water sitting on the floor every time it rains = rust hole in floor. That's why a lot of T top cars get rusty floors. No offense, but I'm not sure what else you could even imagine it would be, pretty self explanatory.

That makes sense.

scrap--metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Calvin
Truck Year
'85, '81
Truck Model
K10, K20
Engine Size
305, 350
I'd love another Camaro, but I can't trade my K20 and you wouldn't want my K10.

It’s a great car but I have far too many things going
^ Then there's that problem too...

My suggestion would be to sell your 'vette and start driving that Camaro. Your bank account will be a lot happier that way too ;)

Otherwise work something out with @AyWoSch Motors . Meet half way in Denver or Cheyenne and trade straight up. He would certainly appreciate a sweet Camaro, and he's young enough to score some serious tail in a ride like that!

BearKing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bear
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I'd love another Camaro, but I can't trade my K20 and you wouldn't want my K10.

^ Then there's that problem too...

My suggestion would be to sell your 'vette and start driving that Camaro. Your bank account will be a lot happier that way too ;)

Otherwise work something out with @AyWoSch Motors . Meet half way in Denver or Cheyenne and trade straight up. He would certainly appreciate a sweet Camaro, and he's young enough to score some serious tail in a ride like that!
Which Vette? I own over 25 cars/trucks. I had a giant shop built to house them and it’s still not enough room. I have 40 foot storage lockers full of cars/trucks. Not selling the Camaro, trading it. The value of the car far exceeds what people are willing to pay right now due to the pudding head in the White House. If people want it, fine , and if they don’t, it’s not going anywhere. Thats the nice thing about having so many cars. I can be choosy.

BearKing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bear
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
That’s exactly what happened. A whole AMD floor panel is 700 dollars or a patch is under 50 bucks. Easy fix if you know how to weld.

Midnightmoon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Which Vette? I own over 25 cars/trucks. I had a giant shop built to house them and it’s still not enough room. I have 40 foot storage lockers full of cars/trucks. Not selling the Camaro, trading it. The value of the car far exceeds what people are willing to pay right now due to the pudding head in the White House. If people want it, fine , and if they don’t, it’s not going anywhere. Thats the nice thing about having so many cars. I can be choosy.

Fair enough. You certainly have the right to do with your vehicles as your choose. With that said, you can see just from the reaction of us Square Body folks that there is a lot of interest in a car such as you listed here. You would have no problem selling it if you ever decide to do so.

scrap--metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Calvin
Truck Year
'85, '81
Truck Model
K10, K20
Engine Size
305, 350
Interesting strategy, Sir. I dig a good haggle too, but it takes time that I typically don't have.

BearKing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bear
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Fair enough. You certainly have the right to do with your vehicles as your choose. With that said, you can see just from the reaction of us Square Body folks that there is a lot of interest in a car such as you listed here. You would have no problem selling it if you ever decide to do so.
It will be here if anyone is seriously interested.

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
It will be here if anyone is seriously interested.
I am depending on what your trade criteria are. Let me know.
I know of a few pretty nice squares around here too that I would but just to trade.
I'd have to think on it, but my 78 c10 I definatly for sale, my 78/85 K10 could be be, my 75 c30 might be. My 75 blazer would be, but you dont want it, and my CUCV and my 86 will never be for sale (my first, and my dream truck).
I know of 3 others for sale around here that could be a worthy of buying to trade, and potentially a few more.
Also have a chit ton of parts for squarebodies and C4 vette. Got a 84 vette that I'd totally trade, got 7 GMT400s that are potentially up for grabs, as well as maybe a cj7 jeep.
Maybe a package deal...

BearKing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bear
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I am depending on what your trade criteria are. Let me know.
I know of a few pretty nice squares around here too that I would but just to trade.
I'd have to think on it, but my 78 c10 I definatly for sale, my 78/85 K10 could be be, my 75 c30 might be. My 75 blazer would be, but you dont want it, and my CUCV and my 86 will never be for sale (my first, and my dream truck).
I know of 3 others for sale around here that could be a worthy of buying to trade, and potentially a few more.
Also have a chit ton of parts for squarebodies and C4 vette. Got a 84 vette that I'd totally trade, got 7 GMT400s that are potentially up for grabs, as well as maybe a cj7 jeep.
Maybe a package deal...
Is the Vette complete? I have a thing for C4 Corvettes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL