Torin Big Red floor jack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AKguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 Crew Cab Silverado
Engine Size
While visiting the family down south we were using a Torin Big Red 4-ton floor jack that was purchased at Tractor Supply about five months ago. My first attempt at a lift on the Suburban yielded a leaking piston on the power unit. Tractor Supply did not carry the seal kit, nor would they exchange for a replacement. I reached out to Torin, explained the issue, and although they did not have any seal kits on-hand, they did have a complete new power unit which they shipped immediately, free of charge. It came just in time for me to replace the unit and confirm that it worked. I had to send them a picture of the jack because we did not have the sales receipt but no questions asked once that was accomplished. Great customer service.

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
@AKguy Have you gone back to the Tractor Supply store and told them what Torin did? If so how did they handle that, apologize or ?? That would determine whether I ever did business with them or not any more

Corvette Ed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eli
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@AKguy Have you gone back to the Tractor Supply store and told them what Torin did? If so how did they handle that, apologize or ?? That would determine whether I ever did business with them or not any more
Tractor Supply has gone down hill in the last 8-10 years.Back in the day they’ve made it right.

AKguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 Crew Cab Silverado
Engine Size
No, I did not, but will pass along to the family that they should.

Octane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Obviously a jack is only as good as its seals.I've never heard bad of Torin either.China will probably make new seals for the next 100 years anyway. Lol

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I bought this Torin scissor truck jack some months ago to put in my truck since I don't have a jack to change a flat if I had one. The bigger problem is I don't even have a spare tire. Some years ago we used to have a wrecking yard in town that was just new vehicles, like new trucks, SUV's, cars, etc.. Now, this was back in the mid '90's when I was collecting parts to upgrade my truck that was in process of being rebuilt.

I went out there and found a new, maybe '93 or '94 Chevy Silverado, that had the bed off of it. I saw the winch type spare tire mechanism and I got the whole thing. The only thing I couldn't get was the cross member because it was riveted on the frame. I figured I could get something later on to put in so I could use the winch and get rid of that dang factory spare tire under frame whatever the hell you call it. I hated that thing because it was so hard to get the spare tire out from under the truck.

I used to carry a small hydraulic jack behind my seat. But since I had a new interior after the truck was done I wasn't going to mess my new carpet up with a greasy jack. So I got this truck jack to replace the hydraulic jack, and sits flatter than the hydraulic one I had.
You must be registered for see images attach
It'll sit nice on that shelf behind the seat, the floor makes at the back wall of the cab. I've got a ton of emergency stuff back there now as it is. That's why I was so interested in that accessory tool and hardware storage compartment on the front part of the drivers side of the bed fender right behind the cab that I saw in those photos of that Wrangler C10 that was in last weeks popular posts? Does anyone remember that truck? It was a one time built special truck that one of this forum members has, and it's all repainted back stock colors, blue and black, maybe @GregL has? and it's real nice? His doesn't have the accessory box in the bed fender like in the other photos but it's real nice looking anyway.

Last edited:

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I looked back and it's four (4) weekly popular topics. It's @Savageftr who has the Wrangler and @45tt who had the article on the Scottsdale Wrangler pickups. Very interesting article he provided.

I wonder if it was any way possible to find one of those boxes to put in the bed fender of my truck?

GregL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
K 20
Engine Size
Thanks for the compliment Raider. It wasn't mine, but I'd also like to find some type of narrow, secure storage box that would maybe fit behind the seat or in the bed as long as it's not too tall. Good for my jumper cables, tow straps, etc.
Cheers, Greg

Allan Abley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado C10
Engine Size
I had a friend that has a sheet metal shop bend one up for me. Put a couple of tabs on it so I could secure it to the truck. Works great. Wish i would have saved it when I sold the truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL