Tire Reviews

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TravisB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I am posting this in the other vehicle section because I see several with sports cars and muscle cars on here and that's what I am looking for.

I need to replace the rubber on my mustang and am looking for some real world experience with some tires. It came with 245/45r19 on it because it is a Cali Special with 19x8.5 wheels. I am thinking of jumping up a size to 255/40r19.

The new ones come with Pirelli P Zero Nero All Seasons and the track pack cars get Michellin summer tires. I want something that will last more than 30k miles but still hold the car in the road. It's my daily too I need something that will handle most weather conditions but I don't need snow and ice coverage. I will just stay home or drive the truck those days.

Anyone like their all seasons or have a negative opinion of any of them?

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
I have a VW Touareg with factory sport suspension so it is on 19s. It has 275/45 R19s on it. Tires on it when I bought it were Continental Extreme Contact DWS 06. I've put around 10,000 miles on them and I like them. I've driven them on dry, wet, slush, snow, ice... they do well.
The "DWS" are letters carved into the tread. When the S wears away then don't drive in snow. Then the W wears away. Don't drive in wet... when the D is gone don't drive in dry (replace).
50,000 mile warranty

You must be registered for see images attach

Since I liked those so much I bought some different Continentals for the wife's Passat. Control Contact Sport A/S: (50,000 mile warranty also)

Hard for me to directly compare both since the passat is on 17s and just a normal Passat suspension as far as handling performance. The Touareg definitely feels better when pushed hard in corners.

Highway comfort is the same and I'd say wet performance is about the same- except for very deep puddles. But the Touareg ones are so wide that is a factor.

I've had Michelins on previous cars and really liked them, but $$$.

I had Cooper CS5s on another car. Hated them. Felt "mushy" all the time. Even at max pressure. My dad bought Cooper Zeon RS3-G1 for his BMW. The are ok, but only last 20,000 miles.

And I had some Generals on my Audi S4. I liked them- General is made by Continental so they are a good quality tire. I'd say not as good as the Continentals but they are a bit cheaper.

Last edited:

TravisB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I have looked at the continentals too but they are nearly as high as the michellin. Considering Nitto 555 g2 or invos because I found some take offs on craigslist I can get wheel and tire for the cost of the tires. Thanks for the input on the Continentals though, I hadn't really considered them but I will now.

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
Guess it depends on what tire stores you have around you. I go to either costco or discount tire.
Discount tire has those Continental Extreme Contact DWS 06 for $207/ea

The Michelin primacy touring a/s is $233 and these are the Michelins I had before and liked: Pilot Sport A/S 3 plus... but those are $243 each.

Haven't run Nittos before but that is a good price for them. I wouldn't expect them lasting too long. Tread wear rating is 320 vs 560 for the DWS 06.

TravisB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Guess it depends on what tire stores you have around you. I go to either costco or discount tire.
Discount tire has those Continental Extreme Contact DWS 06 for $207/ea

Haven't run Nittos before but that is a good price for them. I wouldn't expect them lasting too long. Tread wear rating is 320 vs 560 for the DWS 06.

Yeah that treadwear deal is something that has been hanging me up on buying those nitto. I have sumitomo h3 on the car. I bought it with those but they're not the original tires. So this thing has chewed through 2 sets in 60k miles. I either drive it too hard or that treadwear stuff needs considering.

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
Most of my daily drivers have been mild performance RWD coupes and the following tires have been on there:

BFG G force Sport Comp 2 - Best overall, by far. Best tread wear, best compromise between dry and wet performance. I even ran these in the winter with no problem (besides the whole HP to the rear wheels thing). Non directional so more options rotating.

Federal 595 - Awesome summer tire. Sticky, great for handling. Not so great in the rain, lol snow. Lower end of moderate tread wear. Its hard for me to say because I never rotated mine due to size difference front to back.

Nittor 555R - Its a drag radial. Enough said. Dont expect them to last on the street, but have tons fun on the back roads on nice hot sunny days.

Hankook Ventus V2 Concept 2
- Meh, normie tire. Its a great all season with more emphasis on tread wear and wet performance/stability than dry performance. They dont hook well but dont break loose too bad for what I say is a non performance oriented tire. I bought these as cheap daily's when I was driving the TA most recently. When they wear out I will probably try out the BFG Comp 2.

TravisB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Good info! I talked to the guy with the Nitto Invos today. Looks like I will be trying those out and can add to the reviews above with how they work. Getting a new set of gt500 wheels and the tires for 900 so I am going to try them out.

TravisB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Mounted them on the car last night and I have to say the sumitomo H3s did better cold than these do. I crossed a break in the pavement in a curve and the back of the car danced laterally a bit where I had been through the same spot not long before and didn't have that issue. Outside of that one thing, the only other change I have noticed is the gearing change where these are a bit taller. So far, I don't trust them as much but that may change. Just bolted them on yesterday evening.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
I just put 2 rear yokahma 295/35/r19 on the camaro and I've really liked them. It had drag radicals on it before and 8 absolutely hated them. The yoko's are all season tires and grab the road really well dry or wet. Payed $500 for them to be mounted and balanced with 3yr road hazard from discount tires. A little expensive but, worth it imo.

TravisB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
It had drag radicals on it before and 8 absolutely hated them.

The guy I got these wheels and tires from had replaced them with the same size and brand just a different wheel. He liked these and hated drag radials too. His complaint was they picked up gravel and tossed them all over his car. What was the reason you hated the drag radials? I can imagine a short life being an issue but it sounded like you had some other problems.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
That and they are completely worthless in the rain. If you just drag your car down the strip then get them otherwise you won't like them as daily driver tires. I have the six speed in mine and the rear gets squirly when shifting in the rain. Lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chuchito