Time to tighten her up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boltrunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
So its finally time to give the bomb some much needed love and refresh the front end. I also ordered a cherokee steering shaft from ebay as well. Everything will be comming in the mail next week. Photos and updates to come. I also ordered 2 inch spacers. As badass as my new tires look on stock rims i dont like the rub. I know spacers arnt the best way. But they are a good temporary solution

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
how much was that cherokee shaft? I think I have 2 or 3 of them in the garage. I'd sell all but one....hopes of a 'burb or crew in the future lol. Hope you used the RockAuto discount (if parts available there).

Boltrunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
It was 70 on ebay with a make an offer. I offered 50 including shipping. I didn't use rock auto. I had to go super budget friendly and i hate to admit had to buy the kit off ebay for 90 that imcluded all the rod ends and ball joints. My ball joints are still good so i wont be using those. They will become landfill. Too much effort to change them again. At least the cheap rod ends are easy to change when they go

Boltrunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
The jeep shaft i bought didn't come with the upper and lower bolts. I read in the sticky about the swap that the upper bolt from the truck can be used but i didnt see anything about the lower bolt being reuseable. Anyone know what size bolt it takes?

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
how much was that cherokee shaft? I think I have 2 or 3 of them in the garage. I'd sell all but one....hopes of a 'burb or crew in the future lol. Hope you used the RockAuto discount (if parts available there).

RockAuto started charging tax, which cuts into what savings was there. I’m finding it as cheap or in some cases cheaper to order from Amazon, eBay, or Wal-Mart or simply go to the store and get what I need.

So its finally time to give the bomb some much needed love and refresh the front end. I also ordered a cherokee steering shaft from ebay as well. Everything will be comming in the mail next week. Photos and updates to come. I also ordered 2 inch spacers. As badass as my new tires look on stock rims i dont like the rub. I know spacers arnt the best way. But they are a good temporary solution

Saginaw box part of your refresh? Those get sloppy with wear and mileage. Also, I’ve done the XJ shaft swap several times, and the GM bolts never worked for me, which is why I kept the Jeep bolts. Unfortunately, I don’t know the size.

Boltrunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
I wish i was able to afford a new box. When building season starts a new one will be on the way

Boltrunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
WOW. when I first seen this thread I thought it would was going to be about the wife, mistress girlfriend, etc....!!!:cheers:
That was the plan haha

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iiixtremeiii