Time to replace the flexplate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Simon

Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Truck Year
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
350 SBC 5.7
All set up and ready to go...again. Replaced the flexplate about 30 miles ago but my ******* never torqued the bolts to specs and surprise, it cracked! Starting up again today, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

You must be registered for see images attach

Simon

Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Truck Year
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
350 SBC 5.7
Main concern right now is step 1. Last time I did this it was in a level area so I didn’t have to worry about the truck moving when I yanked out the rear driveshaft. Now I’m on a bit of an incline. I’ve got the parking break set and I’m gonna chock the wheels. Feeling confident.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
A tranny jack is a good idea too. Helps it slide back easy without worrying about balancing it. Some guys will put all thread into to lower bell housing to block bolt holes before sliding the trans back. Supposed to help guide it back into place, but with a good trans jack it’s easy without the all thread trick.

Simon

Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Truck Year
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
350 SBC 5.7
She’s out! What I mistook for cracks appears to be a little oil splatter. So my flexplate is NOT cracked. I did notice a wiring harnesses was pinched between the engine and trans near the top of the bell housing. I believe the flexplate was hitting that causing the noise I was hearing.

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hugger-4641