Time for this beast to get a CB Radio LOL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MisterB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K2500 4X4
Engine Size
Got the new in box vintage gun rack put in recently, and now I've found a new in box CB from 1985. Good times...
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

MisterB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K2500 4X4
Engine Size
Who you gonna talk to on it? Haha, Or is it just for looks?
Doubt it'll get a whole lot of use, since I can't talk to Smokey anymore lol, and smartphones have taken over for the most part, but who knows. I have some remote property, and cell service can get spotty. Also, there's always that possibility of a natural disaster, SHTF scenario, where cell phones might not work for extended periods of time. Then CB's are suddenly extremely important.

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size

2 X Yes. Big name in CB's back in the day. I had a Hy-Gain CB, also a big player in the CB game.

Got the new in box vintage gun rack put in recently, and now I've found a new in box CB from 1985. Good times...

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Don't forget your 103" whip antenna, 3" spring for a 106" total. That equals 1/4 wave.

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
Who you gonna talk to on it? Haha, Or is it just for looks?

Truckers still use CB's. Talk about road hazards, like weigh stations or patrol cars, etc. You might also find a good place to eat in an area you are driving to.

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Truckers still use CB's. Talk about road hazards, like weigh stations or patrol cars, etc. You might also find a good place to eat in an area you are driving to.
Yea I know they still use them. I am really around a lot of people with them. I am a Forester, all the trucks have them, lots of crews have them in their equipment and most of the ones who run crews or the owners have them in their trucks. It was just kind of a joke since every one of us rednecks doesn't have one anymore.

I don't live on the coast anymore but all those guys had one I. Their trucks for dog hunting. I bet some do, esp the old school guys but I bet most of them may use cell phones to talk when there going around.

Colin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Silverado
Engine Size
350 cu. in.
I had a top of the line 23 channel Cobra 29 stolen out of my '75 Thunderbird back in the day.
Still have the co-phased Black Beauty mirror mount antennas from my '72 F250.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willyg