Throttle spring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

82silverado01

Reaction score
First Name
Jamey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado C10
Engine Size
I’m just a beginner. These pictures are of a carb that says Holley manufactured for Motorcraft and its on a 350. Previous owner had two springs rigged up on throttle where this new spring is because he said spring was too weak. I think there’s more to it than that. Truck has sat for years. The end of cable looked dirty (as in dirt was coming out when I worked it by hand) so I sprayed some dry lube on it and worked it a little. Doesn’t feel bad now, but still won’t idle down part of the time.
You must be registered for see images attach
Do I need a new cable or is the spring wrong or in the wrong place? Also, am I supposed to have a choke of some kind hooked up? I bought this truck from family and they were putting this 350 crate motor in new in place of 305 and lots of things are left undone and possibly not needed. Project got put on hold for several years lol. Uncle says manual choke cable under dash “may not be needed”.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
I can't speak to what they did there, but from the factory I think most of them have the dual springs. It's probably more for safety in case of a spring failure than for the correct tension.

82silverado01

Reaction score
First Name
Jamey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado C10
Engine Size
The spring on it now came that way (two exact springs put together) Parts store had one other spring that was dual, but the second spring on it was shorter and bigger around in the middle. My uncle just had found a random spring that didn’t look like either of the carb springs and tied it with wire beside the spring that looked like this one in the picture. It was too stiff and hard to push pedal. The picture shows new spring in place where he had the rigged set up. I already took his springs off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willyg