The brakes breaks !

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TexasOutlaw87Cummins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
cody
Truck Year
Truck Model
k 30
Engine Size
5.9 cummins
I have a couple questions and couple problems .

1. The back brakes lock up after applying the Pedel .
2. (Hydro boost ) the Pedel is really spongy and takes almost all the Pedel for it to work ? Then really slow comming back up if at all . It doesn't come all the way back up till I rev the engine so something like that .
3 what's a hight sencing prop. Valve ? And would my 8in lift effect it ?

Thanks any help on these would be awsome ! Thanks an this truck in a cummins repower not a chevy engine ! All hooked up to the cummins power steering pump . The pump is good and more than capable of supplying the hydro boost so kinda stumped

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
1. Shoes on backwards? Long shoe always goes towards the back.
2. Leaky wheel cylinder? Air in the lines? New master cylinder that wasn't completely bench bled?
3. I've seen height sensing proportion valves on Toyotas. Basically if you're hauling a load and the ass is squatting it causes a rod to adjust a prop valve that's mounted on the rear axle to allow more pressure on the rear brakes. Not sure if there was anything like that offered on squares but there may have been.

clkelley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
2500HD
Engine Size
6.6L
Since it is hydroboost, you can try flushing the power steering fluid as well. If the PS fluid is burnt, you will loose all manner of pedal. (This is just for the pedal feel going to the floor)

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Last edited:

skysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1989 Suburban
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
5.7/TH400/NP241C
GM must have wanted to clear the remaining LSPV's off the shelf because my '89 came with it.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Sunuvabitch Jerry, i keep getting whacked with a sex window every time I click on your images.

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Really?!

Okay, that does it! I've frickin' had it with that IV outfit. Trust me, I do everything as per their guidelines and apparently it makes no difference. I am officially registered, I make certain that the "family safe" option is selected with each post, and also double check each image myself (usually twice).

If I get a wind turbine (or less frequently an ******* popup) I delete the image, go completely out of Imagevenue, go back in and then repost. I've never had one popup after a repost and I always assumed I had done something wrong. I never realized that they weren't clean because I generally don't recheck after the initial posting.

I have started to try to use your in-house attachment manager where possible, but the file size limits are so restrictive it isn't usually possible.

Bottom line - I am going to find a new image sharing site or only attach files directly to my posts - using no 3rd party.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Here are some images showing the clearance between the oil pick-up screen and the sump floor on an assembled Chevy 350.

post using a new image host - Turbo Image. They seem to have a good reputation - as opposed to Image Venue.

It is only a test. I have seen so many arguments over the years about how close the oil pump screen should be to the bottom of the pan, and the various methods to set that distance (squeezing Play-doh, measuring with rulers, etc). I am at the end of a complete rebuild and had an oil pan that got it's bottom blown through by the sandblaster, so I decided to do a study of the various schools of thought. I didn't get too far yet. But anyway here is a test of Turbo Image - click away and pray for no popups:

You must be registered for see images attach

clkelley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
2500HD
Engine Size
6.6L
I have used Photobucket.com for years and never had a single issue.

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
I just ran the rack and...got no ads.

Only negative is you can't link from one image to the next - you need to go back and grab the next one.

TexasOutlaw87Cummins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
cody
Truck Year
Truck Model
k 30
Engine Size
5.9 cummins
Well I got the brakes to work now but the Pedel is way sloppy !! And it's slow on the return ? Mmm starting to wonder on the boost pump is bad and maby a new master cyclender ? I bled the Belarus the other day !! Holy crap ! Thicker than 15/40 and blacker that the trucks oil !! I bled all that **** out ! Nice and clean ! Stops alot better but there just sloppy Pedel ...

wildcatjason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban
Engine Size
cummins 3.9 4bt
Do you have pics of the routing of your hydraulic lines? The slow return of the pedal makes me think you have a slow return of power steering fluid back to the pump. Are they T'd in or do you have a dual return pump?

wildcatjason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban
Engine Size
cummins 3.9 4bt
Also does the power steering fluid look foamy?

smurph20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP208/4.10's
1. Shoes on backwards? Long shoe always goes towards the back.
2. Leaky wheel cylinder? Air in the lines? New master cylinder that wasn't completely bench bled?
3. I've seen height sensing proportion valves on Toyotas. Basically if you're hauling a load and the ass is squatting it causes a rod to adjust a prop valve that's mounted on the rear axle to allow more pressure on the rear brakes. Not sure if there was anything like that offered on squares but there may have been.

I have that on my truck. Always wondered what it was for lol.

TexasOutlaw87Cummins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
cody
Truck Year
Truck Model
k 30
Engine Size
5.9 cummins
Do you have pics of the routing of your hydraulic lines? The slow return of the pedal makes me think you have a slow return of power steering fluid back to the pump. Are they T'd in or do you have a dual return pump?

There tied in toghter ? Was that a bad move ? Ill take pics tomorrow

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
83elcowes