Th400 rollerized rear output

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajd89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Ok guys

I lost reverse on my truck so pulled the transmission apart. Had lots of wear and endplay. So going to a attempt to rebuild it. My wifes FIL used to do stock rebuilds at work. He will help me also. Looking to do a stock rebuild with just a few cheap extras to help it last.

Lots of guys rollerize the rear. Some drive the rear bushing in .050" or get a case saver bushing and put it in backwards to located the new bearing. But the case saver I got is same height as the stock bushing not counting the lip. Any reason not to grind the lip off on the outside and then I will have plenty of bushing to locate the bearing? Anyone done this?

You must be registered for see images attach

Matt69olds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC 1/2 ton
Engine Size
455 Olds
Put the case saver bushing in, and use the .010 shim and TH350 pump bearing in place of the original shim and thrust washer. If I remember correctly, the shim and bearing will fit perfectly over the case saver. If you don’t use a case saving bushing, drive a stock bushing into the case with enough sticking out that the bearing has something to pilot off.

ajd89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Put the case saver bushing in, and use the .010 shim and TH350 pump bearing in place of the original shim and thrust washer. If I remember correctly, the shim and bearing will fit perfectly over the case saver. If you don’t use a case saving bushing, drive a stock bushing into the case with enough sticking out that the bearing has something to pilot off.
Ok maybe ill just use the original bushing and drive it farther in. Would have liked to use the no walk bushing but its the same height as the original plus the lip on it. So no way to drive it in extra to the case from the back to set the bearing on. If that makes sense.

Last edited:

Matt69olds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC 1/2 ton
Engine Size
455 Olds
The last no walk bushing I used worked with the shim and bearing. As long as the top of the shim is lower than the bearing it will work.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84