Th400 early case with late valve body?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajd89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Trying to get my trans rebuild myself. My case was cracked so since I had bought another for parts using that case instead.
It Had a lot of water in it and the valve body is pretty nasty.

Can I just use the valve body from the 7 check ball case? Ive looked online cant find much about it. They have different casting numbers and the one from the 89' has a bleed hole that the early one doesn't. I dont think it matters but hate to get it together and have it not work.

@Matt69olds maybe?

Matt69olds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC 1/2 ton
Engine Size
455 Olds
I think the valve body will interchange, you need to match the spacer plate and gasket to whatever case your using. I don’t have any of my books handy to check.

ajd89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I think the valve body will interchange, you need to match the spacer plate and gasket to whatever case your using. I don’t have any of my books handy to check.
Thanks. Oh glad you brought up the spacer plate that was my next question. Just need to check my servo pin length. And slap on the valve body. And we will get to see how I did!

Last edited:

Matt69olds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC 1/2 ton
Engine Size
455 Olds
I did some reading, as long as the case gasket and spacer plate matches the case, you should be good to go. The valve body gasket and valve body will interchange

ajd89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I did some reading, as long as the case gasket and spacer plate matches the case, you should be good to go. The valve body gasket and valve body will interchange
Thank you! Im glad I asked cause I would have used the spacer plate from the valve body not the case.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL