Th350 4x4 wont drive only reverse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dieseldog94

Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Truck Year
Truck Model
k-10
Engine Size
I have a 1973 Chevy short bed with a th350 and idk what kind of transfer case. Never had any problems we were off roading one day getting in some mud and all of a suden no drive. Put it in reverse it engaged and took off. Put it in drive 1 or 2 nothing if I had it in drive and gased it with high rpms it moved just a little on flat ground. I tried 2 hi 4 hi 4 Lo I just don't know what to do. Check trans fluid. Was a little low so we put a couple bottles in it fluid did not smell burnt. Some of my friends say it could be The torque converter or the tranny needs to be rebuilt when I got it the guy told me it was rebuilt but who knows. Please help?!?!?!?

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
If the fluid is black or brown I would say forward clutches are toast. If not it could be possible you blew a seal on the forward clutch apply piston, or you have some junk making the valves in the valve body stick.

dieseldog94

Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Truck Year
Truck Model
k-10
Engine Size
No its still red. I have had a couple people tell me it could be the pump or the torque converter

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL