temp 2.5" tach install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
planing to install camaro gauges at a later time, but meanwhile wanted to install a cheapo tach in the place of a clock. It still would be needed to be moved slightly lower, but it fit pretty well for what it is. It will hold me over until more pressing things gets fixed.
You must be registered for see images attach

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Cool. Love to see the end result once you get it back in the dash.

I considered this at one time also.

SlickGTP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Looks very similar to what I did, but I cut more out of my dash for it...

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Looking forward to seeing how yours turns out... :waytogo:

SuperSwamper83

Reaction score
First Name
Will
Truck Year
Truck Model
Lifted K10
Engine Size
350/th350/np208
Sweet! I was thinking about doing that but I was wanting to move fuel gauge to clock and put tach in place of fuel gauge. I haven't been able to find anybody that's done it though. can I do it that way? If so could you kinda give me a crash course of what I need to do? If its not to much trouble for ya! Thank a bunch! 83 k10

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Hey Will, welcome to the site. What you want to do it most definitely possible. In fact I have been about half way through it for a while now. It involves getting the correct gauges and printed circuit for your truck, and doing some minor re-wiring. I documented the start of my conversion in the sticky at the top of this forum area. Go check it out to see what you will be getting in to. I don't have anything about putting it back together, but I am hoping to get to it soon.

Link to the thread... http://www.gmsquarebody.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6035

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Sweet! I was thinking about doing that but I was wanting to move fuel gauge to clock and put tach in place of fuel gauge. I haven't been able to find anybody that's done it though. can I do it that way? If so could you kinda give me a crash course of what I need to do? If its not to much trouble for ya! Thank a bunch! 83 k10

You have several options. One of the better ones I've seen, is using the fuel gauge like you want to do, then putting in a Tach and 160mph Speedo out of a Camaro. :hmm: Or was it a 120 or 140mph speedo? Anyway, a matching Tach and Speedo. RetroC10Sport has the plan and knows what year CammerO parts you'll need.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
planing to install camaro gauges at a later time, but meanwhile wanted to install a cheapo tach in the place of a clock. It still would be needed to be moved slightly lower, but it fit pretty well for what it is. It will hold me over until more pressing things gets fixed.

I might be able to try this myself. I happen to have this same tach, that was in the engine/cab fire truck. The housing is melted. If the electronics didn't get to hot, and the tach still works, I've got the perfect candidate tach for this mod. And my C20 don't have a clock. I think I'll hook up a few wires under the hood to test the tach and it it works... :waytogo: Then I'll know how to get use of it. !!!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
We prolly just confused you more. :rofl: But do let us know what you decide and pics of how it came out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
83elcowes