Tcc lockup kit problem 700r4.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

john ward

Reaction score
First Name
john
Truck Year
77-83 and inbetween
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Hi all just trying to fit a TCI tcc kit in my 700r4 just pulled sump but now confused as found a part that i have not seen in any other how to sites, its a 83 c10 but i think the trans is 92, has plug on side (the 4 pin one) but nothing connected at all vac thing missing as well near brake booster its all missing can anyone tell me how to get around this problem with the kit, the pics are the thing i don't know what it is.
You must be registered for see images attach

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
If I had to guess that part you circled is a pressure sensor/switch..what kit did you buy?

john ward

Reaction score
First Name
john
Truck Year
77-83 and inbetween
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
TCI 376600

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size

This kit is everything you need. THe wires in your trans are there just no plug connecting it.

All you should need to install is the plug on the right, the black switch and some additional wire.

Find the +12 volt for the tcc solenoid, connect this to key on 12 volt.
-12 on the plug goes to ground.
+12 volt trigger I like to source from the cruise control plug on the brake pedal to ensure lock up is disengaged when you press the brakes.
-12 trigger connect to the black switch and then ground the other pin on the switch.

john ward

Reaction score
First Name
john
Truck Year
77-83 and inbetween
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
great that is the kit, now i keep thinking is it poss that it may not have a lock up converter this truck was in a bad state when i got it wiring terrible sorted that then it had mixed brake fluid jelly, speedo was cable gearbox was not lol it goes on and on thats why started to think what converter is in it.

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
not sure how to tell if the convertor is lock up other than wire it and see if rpm drops.

71RAT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kirk
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Scottsdale
Engine Size
Hi all just trying to fit a TCI tcc kit in my 700r4 just pulled sump but now confused as found a part that i have not seen in any other how to sites, its a 83 c10 but i think the trans is 92, has plug on side (the 4 pin one) but nothing connected at all vac thing missing as well near brake booster its all missing can anyone tell me how to get around this problem with the kit, the pics are the thing i don't know what it is.

The circled item is an over temperature switch. It closes and locks up the converter at a certain temp. Pin A on your 4 pin connector is usually the 12v in, its the front out board pin. D is usually the ground, rear out board pin. The others are normally signal wires, if used.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MixManSC