tbi issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lucifer6669

Reaction score
First Name
jaime
Truck Year
Truck Model
jimmy
Engine Size
350 from a 94 suburban
im new here and i just recently bought a 86 gmc jimmy with a 350 motor from a 94 suburban. My current issues is the throttle getting stuck open sometimes when i hit the pedal. and when it gets stuck i have to pull up on the pedal for it to go back to normal. what can be the cause? nothing out of the ordinary that i see. thanks for the help

85squaredC10

Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350 TBI
im new here and i just recently bought a 86 gmc jimmy with a 350 motor from a 94 suburban. My current issues is the throttle getting stuck open sometimes when i hit the pedal. and when it gets stuck i have to pull up on the pedal for it to go back to normal. what can be the cause? nothing out of the ordinary that i see. thanks for the help
Sounds like the throttle return spring in the throttle body is weak/broken. Replace that or add a throttle return spring like in a carburetor setup and you should be good.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk