Sway Bar Quick Disconnect

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tdub209

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
I'm going to need some help and feed back on this, but since i lifted my truck 8" sway bar doesn't reach anymore obviously. I would like to have my sway bar for street use, but alos just detaach for offroad use as well. I know they make kits for Jeeps and **** like that but haven't seen one for a square or much other trucks. Anyone done their own or have an idea where to get one? I'm a welder by trade so will more than likely end up building one with tie rods and some other do-hickeys. Feed back would be great thanks guys

theblindchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 5" lift + 2" BL
Engine Size
350-4, 0.030" over
I'm going to need some help and feed back on this, but since i lifted my truck 8" sway bar doesn't reach anymore obviously. I would like to have my sway bar for street use, but alos just detaach for offroad use as well. I know they make kits for Jeeps and **** like that but haven't seen one for a square or much other trucks. Anyone done their own or have an idea where to get one? I'm a welder by trade so will more than likely end up building one with tie rods and some other do-hickeys. Feed back would be great thanks guys
ORD has a quick disconnect/correction kit. I'm not sure if they have one large enough to work with an 8" lift. It works great on my truck with 4-5" (maybe 6") of lift.

It's pretty much a heavy duty shackle with one tube'd end and one open. Slips around the sway bar bushings just fine. Utilizes a heavy pin that's cross drilled for a cotter pin.

Bolts to the spring plates using a longer bolt.

Would estimate they used 1/4 or 3/16 plate for it.

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
Did you ever figure this out. Skyjacker makes drop down brackets for the front of the sway bar. Using this with the sway disconnect at the rear would work for sure.
https://skyjacker.com/shop/sway-bar-drop-bracket/sbl20/

You must be registered for see images attach

dvdswan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Since your a welder by trade... I would fabricate something like these...

Leave the mount to the frame as it is, fabricate these for drop links to the axle, you will have to make a bracket that bolts to the SB and another for axle on each side. By this I mean were the bolts go through these on the picture above those would not be there and brackets would take their place.

Similar to what an IFS system is...

But the link would be welded to your bracket so the bolt holes would be horizontal instead of vertical as the image shows.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MixManSC